First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Moab, ‘22 HighTide, ‘59 Chevy Apache, ‘32 Ford
Occupation
Custom painter/freelance artist
So...I’ve got a contact in the Detroit area who sold me an OEM Jeep Rubicon hood for a good price, didn’t realize it at the time, but turns out it’s from a Rubicon that has the “Passive Pedestrian Warning System”...found out after the fact I needed different vents and hinges.
Anyway, all’s good, it was still a great deal, and it looks great, except now apparently the underside of the hood is different so the two plungers that tell if the hood is open or closed are not depressed completely when the hood is closed, consequently I get a dash warning telling me my hood is open. Easy fix to make a thick pad out of layers of duct tape taped to the underside of the hood, but for a long term fix, does anyone know if the plungers are adjustable, or if there’s different plungers for a rubicon?

image.jpg
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't the passive pedestrian hinges for EU JLs only?

My US-spec Fiat 124 Spider has different hood hinges than those sold in EU precisely for that reason.

Jeep Wrangler JL Question on a Rubicon hood 1615489535565

I wasn't aware JL hoods for N.A. market were made to comply with EU regs.

OP
OP
Resin Addict

Resin Addict

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Moab, ‘22 HighTide, ‘59 Chevy Apache, ‘32 Ford
Occupation
Custom painter/freelance artist
Right...like I said, I have a “contact” in Detroit who got this hood for me, when I asked him how/where he got it he smiled and said “don’t ask”.
One of the online MOPAR parts sellers had the hinges, and Quadratek sold the correct vents.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Resin Addict

JSCAN, can disable that plunger and also turns off EVIC light in the process .... Disabling that plunger and turning off the EVIC light, is JSCAN's very very lame way of dealing with ESS.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I would think that you could find a plastic block in the correct thicknes and mount it under the hood with some 3M moulding tape.
Sponsored