Question on 8.4 Premium Audio Group & Alpine Speakers

tcinlex

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru outback
I'm on Jeeps site and "building" a new 4 door and comparing models to see what best provides what we want at the best price. One thing we want is the best audio system we can get. When I Spec a Sahara and add the 8.4 Premium Audio Group at $1895 it also automatically includes the Alpine Speakers as a part of that $1895 upgrade. When I Spec a Sport S and add the 8.4 Audio group at $1995 ($100 more), it does not appear to add in the Alpine Speakers and they remain a separate option that could be selected for an additional $1295. I also notice in the Sahara description for the 8.4 Audio group it specifically lists Alpine Premium Audio where the Sport S description for the 8.4 Audio Group does not. Looking at the FCA Order guide I found on this Forum seems to indicate that the Alpine speakers ARE included if you order the 8.4 Audio group for the Sport S. Anyone know what's the real deal? Is the FCA Order guide correct and the Alpine speakers are included in that $1995 Audio upgrade for the Sport S (and the Jeep site build process is inaccurate)? Or does Jeep really make you pay $1995 + $1295 for the Sport S to get the same system they give you for $1895 in the Sahara?? Any help in wading through this would be appreciated. Thanks...
Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I'm on Jeeps site and "building" a new 4 door and comparing models to see what best provides what we want at the best price. One thing we want is the best audio system we can get. When I Spec a Sahara and add the 8.4 Premium Audio Group at $1895 it also automatically includes the Alpine Speakers as a part of that $1895 upgrade. When I Spec a Sport S and add the 8.4 Audio group at $1995 ($100 more), it does not appear to add in the Alpine Speakers and they remain a separate option that could be selected for an additional $1295. I also notice in the Sahara description for the 8.4 Audio group it specifically lists Alpine Premium Audio where the Sport S description for the 8.4 Audio Group does not. Looking at the FCA Order guide I found on this Forum seems to indicate that the Alpine speakers ARE included if you order the 8.4 Audio group for the Sport S. Anyone know what's the real deal? Is the FCA Order guide correct and the Alpine speakers are included in that $1995 Audio upgrade for the Sport S (and the Jeep site build process is inaccurate)? Or does Jeep really make you pay $1995 + $1295 for the Sport S to get the same system they give you for $1895 in the Sahara?? Any help in wading through this would be appreciated. Thanks...

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Is it possible to do a radio delete, then do the( x409 wra jl)? It’s a nice upgrade and from what I’ve read on this forum works pretty. The uconnect 8.4 was fielded prior to being ready for prime time IMO. I’ve had two replacements on mine and still did not correct the problem.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
FYI the 80th anniversary edition comes with the 8.4 group and Alpine speakers included in the MSRP. It also has the Sahara bumpers, wheels, and fenders.

My 80th is effectively a Sahara with the 8.4 group, the Alpine group, and the Cold Weather group. The MSRP was $2200 less than an actual Sahara with same. You also get the Sport S lease terms with the 80th, which would only matter if you are leasing.

OP
OP

tcinlex

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru outback
Is it possible to do a radio delete, then do the( x409 wra jl)? It’s a nice upgrade and from what I’ve read on this forum works pretty. The uconnect 8.4 was fielded prior to being ready for prime time IMO. I’ve had two replacements on mine and still did not correct the problem.
Thanks Rick - Not sure if I can back away from the basic 7" display/radio without incurring that charge so that would be a pretty expensive throw away. But I will look into it. Thanks again...

Sponsored

OP
OP

tcinlex

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru outback
FYI the 80th anniversary edition comes with the 8.4 group and Alpine speakers included in the MSRP. It also has the Sahara bumpers, wheels, and fenders.

My 80th is effectively a Sahara with the 8.4 group, the Alpine group, and the Cold Weather group. The MSRP was $2200 less than an actual Sahara with same. You also get the Sport S lease terms with the 80th, which would only matter if you are leasing.
I'll check that out - I had not looked at the 80th Ann. edition. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The real question should be is the 8.4 radio and Alpine upgrade worth it. To that question, no, no it is not.

kjb

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th anniversary Wrangler unlimited.
After two weeks with my 80th anniversary which has the 8.4” and alpine premium sound I’d say it’s fine. Certainly not blown away with it. I like the screen and sound is ok. I’m not a stereo guy but I like my tunes. It’s a rolling brick so I wasn’t expecting much. This is my first Jeep so I have no comparison to other Jeep sound systems.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
The real question should be is the 8.4 radio and Alpine upgrade worth it. To that question, no, no it is not.
The 8.4 group gives you A LOT. It's definitely worth it. However the Alpine, dunno. The Wrangler has never lent itself to great sound. It's just a terrible acoustic environment. So without a TON of power and ear-searing volume, you aren't going to get much in the way of sound quality. I have the Alpine system, and it's ok. I wouldn't be surprised to find that the base system is pretty close.
Sponsored