Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Old thread, but a Centerforce heavy flywheel transforms the engine from gutless down low to torquey. You can let out the clutch at low rpm without it bogging and making unhappy vibrations. The motor still doesn't make any real hp till about 4000+ rpm, but it will feel like an old 4.0 TJ around town and on the trail which is kinda what most of us were shooting for buying a manual JL in the first place
This is very high on the mod list. The clutch in this thing is so MEH and pisses me off half the time.
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Wait, are millenials also snowflakes or before snowflakes?
I think all millenials are snowflakes but not all snowflakes are millenials if I remember correctly. Anyone can be a snowflake, as the state of California has proven in spades, but only people born between '81 and '95 are millenials.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
The gear ratio choice on the JL 6 speed is one of the biggest reasons I went with the auto. 1st to 2nd is a difference of 2.5-1 ratio. Meanwhile 4th to 6th (yes I skipped 5th) is only a difference of .28-1. They could easily lower 2 through 4th by a complete 1-1 ratio, make 5th gear 1-1, and 6th gear the only overdrive and the Jeep would be so much more driveable. A manual has no need for a double over drive, especially in a vehicle that tops out at 99mph. In 4th gear you’d barely be over 4K rpm at the limiter.
Sponsored