question: how to get wires to top of dash

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
i have a couple - three projects going
i want to get wires up to the top of the dash:
1. cb antenna cable (i will need a 1 cm "hole" to get the cable through)
2. power / ground for the cb
3. iphone charging cable
4. a +/- cable going to a 5w solar panel i can use to trickle charge my battery
(i probably won't be using the suction cups lol)
https://www.batterytender.com/Battery-Tender12V-5W-Solar-Battery-Charger-with-Windshield-Mount

oh ok 4 projects lol. anyways, what is the best way to get wires up top. near the center.

my mount will sit in the middle, after pulling out the rubber pad; i can pretty much mount anything to this:
Jeep Wrangler JL question: how to get wires to top of dash 1616272157694

there are two pre-existing screws which the grid will mount to. there are also 3 square holes (smaller than 1 cm) under the rubber pad... i guess i could hog one one of those holes out. unless someone has better advice on getting wires through the dash.
Sponsored

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
I took my dash apart to make sure I could do it. (very easy job) https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...the-best-of-me-time-to-hide-some-wires.60207/

I mounted my Bulletproof phone mount to the dash after drilling a hole in the base and adding a rubber grommet then drilled a matching hole in the dash. I ran a wire down from the top and taped the end of the phone cable to it which I ran up from the driver's footwell and snaked it through to the hole. All you need to take the dash apart is a couple small sockets - I think like 7mm if I recall - don't hold me to it, and a trim removal tool. Everything snaps out and snaps back in. I removed the radio before drilling the hole in the dash to make sure I had clearance for everything.
Jeep Wrangler JL question: how to get wires to top of dash IMG_8183.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL question: how to get wires to top of dash IMG_8198.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL question: how to get wires to top of dash IMG_8197.JPG

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
I took my dash apart to make sure I could do it. (very easy job) https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...the-best-of-me-time-to-hide-some-wires.60207/

I mounted my Bulletproof phone mount to the dash after drilling a hole in the base and adding a rubber grommet then drilled a matching hole in the dash. I ran a wire down from the top and taped the end of the phone cable to it which I ran up from the driver's footwell and snaked it through to the hole. All you need to take the dash apart is a couple small sockets - I think like 7mm if I recall - don't hold me to it, and a trim removal tool. Everything snaps out and snaps back in. I removed the radio before drilling the hole in the dash to make sure I had clearance for everything.
can you post a pic of the front of the dash where you have the chord plugged in, im curious to see where you ran the chord up thru at ? i have mine apart while im painting it, and have a new 67 designs mount to install as well. id like to do it all at once. thanks

Horsemover

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / 1997 TJ 4.0
Are you guys happy with the Bullet Point stuff? Looks pretty solid. I have been waiting for the 67D to come back in stock but might have to order up tonight with BP.

OP
OP

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
Are you guys happy with the Bullet Point stuff? Looks pretty solid. I have been waiting for the 67D to come back in stock but might have to order up tonight with BP.
i just got the base. it's like $25

it's solid and it fits

Sponsored

Hogzilla

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 turbo
I'm running the Bullet Point platform mount and it works great. I prefer the platform mount over the 67D rail.

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
can you post a pic of the front of the dash where you have the chord plugged in, im curious to see where you ran the chord up thru at ? i have mine apart while im painting it, and have a new 67 designs mount to install as well. id like to do it all at once. thanks
. I didn’t take any photos of the dash off, sorry. I ran the wire to a double USB port that I installed under the steering column/dash. I plug my iPhone and dash cam into it. I don’t have any cables visible in front of my dash.
Sponsored