Question for JLUR Owners with Stock AT Tires

Bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Hey, wanted to reach out to see if there are any JLUR owners with stock "all terrain" tires? the reason I am asking is I had a 14 JLUR most recently and it came stock with the 32" (maybe) stock mud tires. These tires were super loud and had to be aligned every 7000-10000 miles or else the Jeep would shake like crazy traveling down the highway above 70MPH. Now I know the JLUR comes with options for mud or AT tires and was wondering if this problem was rectified with the AT tires? I am doing this research for my pending Gladiator purchase.

Note - I had a JK Sahara (2 door) stock and never had the above issue.

Thanks,
Sponsored

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
I have the stock 285 KO2's on my JLUR. I like them. They are quiet. They have great road manners. They are good in the rain. and they seem to be good off road and on the rock.

Note... I said good on most of those items. they are not the best but I'm happy with them. Now, in deep snow i got stuck every few feet. On a snow run I had to basically stay strapped to the jeep ahead of me. And in Mud it's the same story.

I've been rotating them with my oil changes at about every 6k miles, doing 5 tire rotations. They seem to be wearing well enough as I've got over 20k miles on them and they have plenty of meat left on them.

Basically, they are quite good for a stock tire. I'd choose them again for light off-roading and daily driving. But, I plan to switch to a MT this year as I upgrade to a 315 tire.

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
The stock 33" BFG KO2 tires that came on my 18 JLUR are quiet. Haven't had to do an alignment just rotated at 7k miles when I changed the oil. The tires shouldn't effect the alignment.

Last edited:

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
From my experience they are not as loud as a mud terrain tire. They work great with the different elements as well. They are a great starting stock tire to be on your Jeep.

The tires should be rotated whenever you get an oil change to extend the life of the tire to have them wear equally on all sides.

Thank you,
Hailey

MarkTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I have the stock 32 KO2s and don’t hear them. And the tracking is good too. Can’t imagine better.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
There is no optional M/T tire for the JLR/JLUR. The KO2 is a great tire though, very quiet, good snow performance.

Papi4baby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
The Rubis come with all terrain, i think the moab comes with mud terrain. I have seen moab owners complain about those.

OP
OP

Bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Thanks Yall, Yeah my JKUR came stock with MT tires. this is helpful. It was mostly a daily driver for me and the noise was a killer.
Sponsored