Sponsored

Question for JLU Manual Transmission Owners...

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
6th gear is really only useful in places with 75 and 80 mph speed limits. I barely shift into it before I hit 65 mph
Hello! First post question here. I did some searching but didn't find exactly what I am looking for...

I have a 2015 JKU Rubicon, manual transmission. It shifts like a semi-tractor. But that's fine with me. Just the way it is. My wife just bought a 2020 JU in manual. WOW! She said it drives like her (traded in) Chevrolet Cruze. And it is just as peppy. I didn't believe her, so I drove it for the first time last week. She's right! As others have alluded to here, the shift is buttery smooth compared to my JKU. The clutch throw is shorter I'd say, by a long shot in comparison.

My question to 2020 JLU owners: Is the transmission the same as in the 2 door version? I assume it is. I can't find one anywhere to test drive. Of course, now I have new Jeep fever. Especially if the feel of the manual transmission would be the same as my wife's 2 door. Is it the same?

Sorry for the gratuitous Jeep pics! Thanks! Chris

EFFECTS.jpg
IMG_20150305_094205_1.jpg
Sponsored

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I had lots of problems with my Manual Transmission - Pedal Assembly Changed, Master Slave Changed -- then it was an intermittent problem, Clutch Changed (It was OK for a while, then intermittent again, Master/Slave Changed and also the lines -- I think it is now good. The tech told me he had a hard time bleeding the system. He was following the procedure, but still could not get the system to bleed properly. He also said some white stuff came out of the Slave ?? Anyway - the problem was with the Master/Slave and the bleeding procedure.