Question for Bestop Sunrider owners

LSU1

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep Jl sport
Spoke to a rep and sent him email of the pictures, hasn't called me back.

OP
OP
firemk

firemk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (Punk'n)
Spoke to a rep and sent him email of the pictures, hasn't called me back.
I had a similar issue. I took the side apart and started over. All was correct the second time. Be sure all the rubber trim/seals are flat and in the proper place. Be sure the little squared off notch at the back of the rail is lined up and in the proper position.

Regarding opening the shade through the window....you are correct. The only way to reach it with the sunshade in place is by reaching out the window. It is actually very easy. I found that out for sure yesterday when a rain shower popped up!

LSU1

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep Jl sport
Took back off and reinstall it. Still looks off on the passenger side. Probably sending it back. Shouldn't have this much trouble for the money spent!

Sponsored

801pugsly

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Grey Rubicon JLU
Really weird I read all these post with problems and never had any. I had Sunrider on 2016 JKU and also on 2018 JLUR. No leaks are problems at all. Yes it is a little louder DUH you took hard tops off. NO you DO NOT have to stick your arm outside window to open or close unless you installed and aftermarket sunshade of sorts. Yes it works with velcro wrap around grab handles. Just loosen brackets and slide the back section under frame and retighten bolts, works fine. I installed a JTOPSUSA sunscreen works great until anything is ever invented if not I am set. I can open but I do have to stop to close sunrider since sun shade does not retract, HINT HINT,

LSU1

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep Jl sport
Really weird I read all these post with problems and never had any. I had Sunrider on 2016 JKU and also on 2018 JLUR. No leaks are problems at all. Yes it is a little louder DUH you took hard tops off. NO you DO NOT have to stick your arm outside window to open or close unless you installed and aftermarket sunshade of sorts. Yes it works with velcro wrap around grab handles. Just loosen brackets and slide the back section under frame and retighten bolts, works fine. I installed a JTOPSUSA sunscreen works great until anything is ever invented if not I am set. I can open but I do have to stop to close sunrider since sun shade does not retract, HINT HINT,
I'm going to give it another try tomorrow

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
Does anyone here keep it on during the winter?

We get several months of below 0C temps... about -10 to -12 on average, but we do get a few weeks (maybe 2-3x/year) where the temps will hover around -30. Can it be left on?? Obviously I wouldn't open it at -30, but if it's a blue sky -5 kind of day, it's likely that I would...

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone here keep it on during the winter?

We get several months of below 0C temps... about -10 to -12 on average, but we do get a few weeks (maybe 2-3x/year) where the temps will hover around -30. Can it be left on?? Obviously I wouldn't open it at -30, but if it's a blue sky -5 kind of day, it's likely that I would...
Yep, mine is on all winter and it is fine, on both my JK and JL. Jeeps have no issue heating with it on.

jespey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR White; 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
After experiencing the Sunrider on a preowned 2018 JK one of the first mods we did on our 2020 JLUS was to add it to our new ride. Easy install, but we had some popping noises at interstate speeds, especially with the wind buffeting from 18 wheelers. Called customer service and after we went over the things I should check, the rep sent us a new one. It fits perfect and no more popping noises. Great customer service for a great product.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
If you have a sunshade installed I’m guessing
.... NO you DO NOT have to stick your arm outside window to open or close unless you installed and aftermarket sunshade of sorts....,
Exactly. Opening from outside is for those with a JTops, or Alien installed because you obviously can't reach through the screen to open/close the top. Without a shade you can just reach up and grab it from the driver seat.

LSU1

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep Jl sport
Ok, reinstalled this morning. This time I installed the door rails onto the sunrider first before putting it on the jeep. Worked alot easier and both side looks equal. Guess I will keep it now!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
What are the lowest temps you get in your area, and how well does it warm up at those temps?
We'll get maybe a week or two at 10 below zero in a typical winter. I'm really not sure I perceive a difference with the Freedom panels. The Jeep heats up pretty quickly. The steering wheel and seat heat take the edge off nicely, too.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
For winter, easy on/off so because of removing snow I do swap. I know folks remove snow from soft tops probably all the time but I feel more comfortable putting the panels on end of November and putting back on middle to end of march.

My opinion the panels do retain a bit more heat, heater works less with them. The Sunrider is tight and repels the weather very well but Just a 10/15 minute change over in N.E. winter weather feels best.

Love the Sunrider, wish I had one on my last JKU!!!

Go Jeep!!!
Sponsored