Question for 2021 owners with power windows

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Mine does not have any power up. I’m pretty sure the auto down is only for the front windows, but can double check later today.

HeatBird

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79' Corvette 4 spd. 21'Willys 2dr. 6 spd.
Occupation
Retired
Same with my 04' Liberty. Auto down only for the front two windows.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Bummer. I have a ‘19 and was hoping that maybe newer models had upgraded to where every other manufacturer has gotten to since at least 15 years ago.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Bummer. I have a ‘19 and was hoping that maybe newer models had upgraded to where every other manufacturer has gotten to since at least 15 years ago.
C’mon. That’d add a whopping 25 cents to JL’s cost!

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
C’mon. That’d add a whopping 25 cents to JL’s cost!
Lol. See, that’s the thing. There are already MANY vehicles out there in far lower price ranges that have had this for a decade or more. I guess it’s a “Jeep thing”.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Lol. See, that’s the thing. There are already MANY vehicles out there in far lower price ranges that have had this for a decade or more. I guess it’s a “Jeep thing”.
Must be.

My dad’s 2013 Dodge Journey has auto up/down, so it’s not even an FCA thing.

FCA must believe we are not mature enough to handle it...

TowDawg

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Unlimited, BMW 535M, Dodge Viper, Hummer H1, race cars, motorhome, general toys.
With switches in such a pain in the ass place (yes, I understand why they're there), it's mind-blowing that they put all 4 windows as auto up/down.
I put all 4 windows down on a regular basis and it would be so much easier to simply push the switches instead of having to hold them the whole time. (Especially when you have something a radar detector plugged in and the cord goes right over the switches.)

Sponsored

Bruce Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Buy a Bronco then.

Just kidding, it's funny how often I see that as a reply to a seemingly minor complaint on here. I had a car made in 1997 with one touch up and down windows.

KevinD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
The JT is the same: auto down only, front windows only.
Although I was looking through JScan the other day and saw something about auto windows in one of the settings...

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Buy a Bronco then.

Just kidding, it's funny how often I see that as a reply to a seemingly minor complaint on here. I had a car made in 1997 with one touch up and down windows.
The response is usually “buy a Prius” from those pricks. “Buy a Bronco” only applies if you make the mistake of appreciating or complimenting something the new Bronco has/does better than the Wrangler.

I haven’t checked, but I bet both Prius and Bronco have auto up/down on all of their window switches! :LOL:

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
With switches in such a pain in the ass place (yes, I understand why they're there).....
Help me out then, please. I really don't get why they're there. I get that the doors come off, but it's not like you need the switch available to roll down the windows when the doors are off.

I mean it's kind of cool and utilitarian looking that way. LOL But I see no actual advantage putting them somewhere rather than the door. The door already has a wire hardness for the electric motors, what's a couple more wires? I'm not really griping, but I am curious if there is a non-aesthetic reason for them to be in the center stack.
Sponsored