Question for 2021 owners with power windows

iamstillvince

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
Funny thing is I had a renegade trailhalk before this and it had auto up and down, probably only reason I miss it is habit
Sponsored

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If you have kids or dogs riding with you, you don’t want auto up. Major choke injury hazard.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If you have kids or dogs riding with you, you don’t want auto up. Major choke injury hazard.
No kids, no dogs. Besides, auto up windows typically have a safety feature that stops if something gets pinched.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
No kids, no dogs. Besides, auto up windows typically have a safety feature that stops if something gets pinched.
Not only that but in cars I've been in with auto up, you have to pull the switch up/away from the switch itself for the window to go up. Highly doubtful any kid or animal could get choked.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Help me out then, please. I really don't get why they're there. I get that the doors come off, but it's not like you need the switch available to roll down the windows when the doors are off.

I mean it's kind of cool and utilitarian looking that way. LOL But I see no actual advantage putting them somewhere rather than the door. The door already has a wire hardness for the electric motors, what's a couple more wires? I'm not really griping, but I am curious if there is a non-aesthetic reason for them to be in the center stack.
So you can leave the rear doors on and still have control with the driver's door removed.

TowDawg

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Unlimited, BMW 535M, Dodge Viper, Hummer H1, race cars, motorhome, general toys.
So you can leave the rear doors on and still have control with the driver's door removed.
This, AND the fact that they want to keep the doors as light and cluttered as possible for easy removal, but another factor might be that there simply isn't room on the door in Jeeps for 4 more switches.
Sponsored