question about the Metalcloak gamechanger Rocksport lift

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I am looking to order the Metalcloak gamechanger 3.5 Rocksport lift. I would prefer to run their aftermarket driveshaft but they say it has not been tested as far as fitment on a manual transmission. Has anyone out there used the aftermarket driveshaft they offer with a manual transmission here that can verify it will or will not work?
Thanks,
Vic
Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe we can compare part numbers of our factory driveshafts? I would guess if they are the same it should work?
Here is my 6spd front driveshaft part #, maybe someone can chime in with the auto part #.
driveshaft.jpg
I have a Rough Country front shaft that I will be putting on once I get another set of wheels(My Jeep is currently sitting on jack stands)

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Maybe we can compare part numbers of our factory driveshafts? I would guess if they are the same it should work?
Here is my 6spd front driveshaft part #, maybe someone can chime in with the auto part #.
driveshaft.jpg
I have a Rough Country front shaft that I will be putting on once I get another set of wheels(My Jeep is currently sitting on jack stands)
I am going to jeep dealer early tomorrow morning to measure an automatic. If they measure the same then the metalcloak little and their driveshaft will be ordered. I hope to go with their driveshaft just to keep the continuity.
Thanks for your idea and your putting it out there.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to jeep dealer early tomorrow morning to measure an automatic. If they measure the same then the metalcloak little and their driveshaft will be ordered. I hope to go with their driveshaft just to keep the continuity.
Thanks for your idea and your putting it out there.
I wish I had a factory JL in the shop to measure for you. I can't believe nobody has a measuring tape and two minutes of their time to do this for you :( My wife also has a 6spd sport, so getting the part #'s from the driveshaft will not work.... I have an auto JL coming in on Friday, but I'm sure you will have your answer before then.

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
i went to dealer tonight. My manual driveshaft and the auto driveshaft measure the same. Metalcloak here I come!

Sponsored

Froader

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 1978 CJ-7
After you get the MetalCloak Game Changer installed, would you mind posting your thoughts on it? I'm looking at the same system from my JLUR and I'd like to hear how it rides. What size tire you going with? I'll be doing 37x12.50. Thanks for posting!

OP
OP
Blu bi Kong

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Not changing tires 5 minutes after the lift is on. When I do, going with 35's. I want to take it thru the hoops with that set up and if I want to go up to 37's next round, I will then. Looking at on road, off road, travel and town performance and mileage as a whole

swampcat14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.c4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Google Data Center Maintenance Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
After you get the MetalCloak Game Changer installed, would you mind posting your thoughts on it? I'm looking at the same system from my JLUR and I'd like to hear how it rides. What size tire you going with? I'll be doing 37x12.50. Thanks for posting!
Not intending to hi-jack the thread, but I wanted to let you know I just posted an article reviewing the MC 3.5" GC with 37s (link below). You may have already seen it though.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...k-3-5-game-changer-lift-install-review.13860/

Froader

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 1978 CJ-7
Not intending to hi-jack the thread, but I wanted to let you know I just posted an article reviewing the MC 3.5" GC with 37s (link below). You may have already seen it though.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...k-3-5-game-changer-lift-install-review.13860/

Hey Swampcat, I didn't see that post and it's exactly what I was looking for regarding the MC lift. Awesome, writeup! Thanks, I'll read that tonight and post any questions over there on your thread. Have a great weekend!

brewcrew

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Punk'n
Not changing tires 5 minutes after the lift is on. When I do, going with 35's. I want to take it thru the hoops with that set up and if I want to go up to 37's next round, I will then. Looking at on road, off road, travel and town performance and mileage as a whole
Do you have any pics of the lift installed? I'm interested to see how it looks without changing tires.

Sponsored

SSBattalion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Is this driveshaft or any other necessary for sure with the 3.5" lift?

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I spoke at length to metalcloak today about the driveshaft issue. Great guys for starters. If your Jeep is a mall crawler and pretty much only sees pavement with maybe the occasional dip in a mud hole the stock drive shaft is fine. If youā€™re going to flex and use it, itā€™ll tear the boots and trash it pretty quick. It doesnā€™t have clearance by the exhaust they said.

Weā€™re ordering this same lift and getting the driveshaft. The length isnā€™t as important as the girth. The aftermarket one is much thinner

Brett

Jkohler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 ram 3500
I didn't order a driveshaft from them when I got my lift thinking I'd just run the stocker tell it died. After installing the lift I could see it's not going to take much to kill the stock one. So I ordered a new front with 1350 joints from Adams.