Question about the LCA that come with the mopar 2" lift

Ccured

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl, 2019 grand cherokee, 1979 el camino
I have a 2019 sport S. I recently put swapped the stock suspension for rubicon take off. I also added a 2 inch spacer lift as well. I ordered the mopar lift lower control arms. My question is about thee bushings. It didn't come with bushings like the old ones. Yet some where I think someone said it was just a different type of bushing. Anybody know
Sponsored

sweet88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR 24 VW Tiguan Rline 20+21 Tacoma TRD
I installed a set on my stock Rubicon and helped with the caster and drivability. The bushing is stock rubber if I recall. Should be identical to a factory LCA.

OP
OP

Ccured

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed a set on my stock Rubicon and helped with the caster and drivability. The bushing is stock rubber if I recall. Should be identical to a factory LCA.
Thanks for the reply It's definitely not identical. This is the question. Some of said it is an inward facing bushing where as the stock is an outward facing bushing but I couldn't tell.

IMG_0281.JPG

SpeedKills

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2-Door, 2008 Rubicon 2-Door,2014 Ram 1500, 2013 CRF250L
I made the swap a year ago. The LCA business were different. No problems so far.

sweet88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply It's definitely not identical. This is the question. Some of said it is an inward facing bushing where as the stock is an outward facing bushing but I couldn't tell.

Jeep Wrangler JL Question about the LCA that come with the mopar 2" lift IMG_0281.JPG
But as far as NVH they are no different.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ccured

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But as far as NVH they are no different.
Thank you that is the info I was looking for. Now I that I used an impact to put the old one back off I cant get it off🤦🏼‍♂️. Guess it gives me an excuse for a bigger impact

sweet88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you that is the info I was looking for. Now I that I used an impact to put the old one back off I cant get it off🤦🏼‍♂️. Guess it gives me an excuse for a bigger impact
I put those arms on after 200 miles back in June now have 3000 miles and no issues.

Get a breaker bar and a piece of pipe or if you don't plan on keeping the stock arms maybe some heat to help the process.

OP
OP

Ccured

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put those arms on after 200 miles back in June now have 3000 miles and no issues.

Get a breaker bar and a piece of pipe or if you don't plan on keeping the stock arms maybe some heat to help the process.
Couldn't get where I could swing a breaker bar. Tried a breaker and the pipe from my floor jack pole. Ended up buying a corded half inch impact. Still was work because the size. Took me basically all day. Because lots of liquid wrench and breaks. Some marred nuts but it's done. My torque wrench only goes to 150 so not sure if got to 190. But I can tell you the steering feels better than it ever has and I'm about to turn 50k

sweet88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couldn't get where I could swing a breaker bar. Tried a breaker and the pipe from my floor jack pole. Ended up buying a corded half inch impact. Still was work because the size. Took me basically all day. Because lots of liquid wrench and breaks. Some marred nuts but it's done. My torque wrench only goes to 150 so not sure if got to 190. But I can tell you the steering feels better than it ever has and I'm about to turn 50k
Glad you got it done. I would say it would be nice to get that torque value correct. Maybe someone close could help out with a bigger torque wrench. Local Jeep club ?

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
My torque wrench only goes to 150 so not sure if got to 190.
I'm sure that you don't want to get back under there Chris and loosen things up to start over but - an alternate torque is 103 ft lbs plus an additional 145 degrees of rotation.

Later,
Johnny

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I'm sure that you don't want to get back under there Chris and loosen things up to start over but - an alternate torque is 103 ft lbs plus an additional 145 degrees of rotation.

Later,
Johnny
Yeah, I used my 150lb torque wrench maxed out then used a 1/2" breaker bar to go an additional 45 degrees, should be real close to the 190. And agree, I'm sure he doesn't want to get back under there :)
If you have ramps that helps a lot to get room to get leverage on the breaker bar.

OP
OP

Ccured

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I used my 150lb torque wrench maxed out then used a 1/2" breaker bar to go an additional 45 degrees, should be real close to the 190. And agree, I'm sure he doesn't want to get back under there :)
If you have ramps that helps a lot to get room to get leverage on the breaker bar.
Thanks guys. I'm plan on retorquing everything on Wednesday afternoon a few days of driving. Supposedly autozone has a torque wrench that goes to 250 as one of their loner tools. Sadly I'm in fb jail so I can't ask any of my local jeep groups

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Thanks guys. I'm plan on retorquing everything on Wednesday afternoon a few days of driving. Supposedly autozone has a torque wrench that goes to 250 as one of their loner tools. Sadly I'm in fb jail so I can't ask any of my local jeep groups
To get exact you can do what Jay Jay said, just use your current torque wrench to 103 ft lbs, then go 135 degrees w/ a breaker bar. You can do this in (3) 45 degree turns if you don't have the room or leverage to go the full 135 degrees in one motion.

OP
OP

Ccured

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To get exact you can do what Jay Jay said, just use your current torque wrench to 103 ft lbs, then go 135 degrees w/ a breaker bar. You can do this in (3) 45 degree turns if you don't have the room or leverage to go the full 135 degrees in one motion.
Thanks
Sponsored