Sponsored

Question about the alpine audio and other solutions.

Gibbage

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Sport S
Occupation
3D Artist
I'm looking to buy a Jl this summer. The main features I'm looking for is Ocean blue, 2.0 and Alpine. I love good audio but it's hard to justify dripping 1k on speakers. Is the alpine worth the money? Also if it's not, has anyone had success with aftermarket speakers? I know I'm not going to get the best audio from a jeep with a hard top, but a little butbutt kicking bass generally helps.

Future jeep owner.
Kevin
Sponsored

ATX_Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I've had two JLURs. The first did not have the Alpine. My second one does. ABSOLUTELY worth the extra $, especially if you plan on open air driving a lot. It's night and day difference, and I'm hardly an audiophile.

(my first JLUR was totaled by a jerk on his phone.....stay off your phones when driving!)

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I'm looking to buy a Jl this summer. The main features I'm looking for is Ocean blue, 2.0 and Alpine. I love good audio but it's hard to justify dripping 1k on speakers. Is the alpine worth the money? Also if it's not, has anyone had success with aftermarket speakers? I know I'm not going to get the best audio from a jeep with a hard top, but a little butbutt kicking bass generally helps.

Future jeep owner.
Kevin
Personally I like it, I've stated on other threads I think it's the best sound quality of any car I've been in without aftermarket components. I would recommend finding one at a dealership, take a thumb drive with music you like, and test it for yourself. Considering current prices of aftermarket components, and the complications of fitting them into a Jeep without losing precious space, I'd say totally worth it.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !

Future jeep owner.
Kevin
Not sure how much butt kicking bass you need......but the Premium Alpine Stereo.....is DEFINITELY worth the extra expense. Unlike many of the other options you are going to pay for......You will be using your Alpine Stereo EVERY time you get into your Jeep ! It has plenty of bass kicking from its subwoofer...but if you require your bass to drown out the nearby cars while you are at the stoplight....perhaps save the money and go with a complete aftermarket set up. For the money...the Alpine Premium Stereo is one of the best options to put your money into.
P.S. Do NOT order the “Steel” Bumper Group. Definitely NOT worth the extra expense.

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
I think it's worth it. But I wouldn't spend 1295 MSRP just for the Alpine system. Get the 8.4" Radio and Premium Audio Group package for 1595 MSRP. Then in addition to the Alpine system you get the large 8.4" screen. I passed on quite a few Wranglers because of the smaller screen before finding mine with the 8.4" Radio and Premium Audio Group package.

Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Unlike many of the other options you are going to pay for......You will be using your Alpine Stereo EVERY time you get into your Jeep !
Heck I'm looking at getting a winch, which all-in would cost me upwards of $1000, and I hope I NEVER have to use it! :LOL:

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Heck I'm looking at getting a winch, which all-in would cost me upwards of $1000, and I hope I NEVER have to use it! :LOL:
When I go wheeling.....you guys that have the Winch’s are my best friends.

dj3513

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Unlimited / Granite Crystal Metallic / Sky One–Touch Power Top
Get the system well worth it for the time and convenience. It puts out great sound.

OP
OP
Gibbage

Gibbage

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Sport S
Occupation
3D Artist
I think it's worth it. But I wouldn't spend 1295 MSRP just for the Alpine system. Get the 8.4" Radio and Premium Audio Group package for 1595 MSRP. Then in addition to the Alpine system you get the large 8.4" screen. I passed on quite a few Wranglers because of the smaller screen before finding mine with the 8.4" Radio and Premium Audio Group package.
I thought this option is only on the Sahara and Rubi's? If so that adds a lot more to the cost of the alpine. My budget looks like 40k and from what i have seen, puts me out of range for a Rubicon with the 2.0 and 8.4"

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I thought this option is only on the Sahara and Rubi's? If so that adds a lot more to the cost of the alpine. My budget looks like 40k and from what i have seen, puts me out of range for a Rubicon with the 2.0 and 8.4"
Yeah, it’s nice to say the 8.4/Alpine is only $400 more, but considering the base pieces of Sahara’s/Rubis it’s a lot more then 400. I couldn’t care less about the navigation personally.

I got a Sport S with Alpine and the stock 5’ radio. Both are great.

KingCon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl

Future jeep owner.
Kevin
$1000 is a bargain for the audio and setup you get hands down
Sponsored