Sponsored

Question About the 392 Suspension, (Not Xtreme Recon)

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Are either one of these a little less of a lift than the Mopar lift? The Mopar is labeled as 2.0" but mine actually lifted the Jeep more than 3.0" .

I'm wanting to lift my wife's JLUR at some point, but not as much as mine. I still want to run 33's on it but I'd like about an inch less lift than the Mopar lift offers. I like the looks of the 392 (non-Xtreme Recon version.)

I'm also wondering if it rides as smoothly as the Mopar lift. But the Mopar makes 33's look tiny and out of proportion.

My JK has an AEV 2.5" lift and runs 33's and is exactly like I want it except it doesn't ride as smoothly as I'd like. Otherwise, I might look in that direction for her Rubi.

Eventually, if I can't find the right solution, I'll just go with the Mopar and 315/70/17 C KO2's. I know it'll ride beautifully with that setup. I just think she'll like a little lower ride height than that will give it.

A lift that goes up an actual 2" and rides like the Mopar would be perfect, but I"m not sure that one is out there.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Are either one of these a little less of a lift than the Mopar lift? The Mopar is labeled as 2.0" but mine actually lifted the Jeep more than 3.0" .

I'm wanting to lift my wife's JLUR at some point, but not as much as mine. I still want to run 33's on it but I'd like about an inch less lift than the Mopar lift offers. I like the looks of the 392 (non-Xtreme Recon version.)

I'm also wondering if it rides as smoothly as the Mopar lift. But the Mopar makes 33's look tiny and out of proportion.

My JK has an AEV 2.5" lift and runs 33's and is exactly like I want it except it doesn't ride as smoothly as I'd like. Otherwise, I might look in that direction for her Rubi.

Eventually, if I can't find the right solution, I'll just go with the Mopar and 315/70/17 C KO2's. I know it'll ride beautifully with that setup. I just think she'll like a little lower ride height than that will give it.

A lift that goes up an actual 2" and rides like the Mopar would be perfect, but I"m not sure that one is out there.
Hey Dan,
Check out Clayton if you don’t find what you’re looking for going this route, they’re supposed to be coming out with 1.5” springs. You might talk to them over there to see.
If it’s no more than 2” actual , maybe an option………

Getmadboy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
My understanding is that the 392 sits about an inch taller than the standard rubicon. Given that your wife’s JLUR is going to be lighter than the 392, in theory it should get at least the 1” and possibly more due to the weight difference. The fox shocks on the 392 are reported as stiffer than the standard rubicon. Hope this helps!

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I have read that they Dynatrac is spot-on 2" on the Rubicon and that it rides very smooth. That may be the ticket. I'll also check out the Clayton. Thanks @rocky and @Getmadboy !
Sponsored