First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Engineer
Sold mine on CL for $150. When the guy came to pick them up, I found out he needed to replace OEM rock rails with steps for his wife. Had I thought about it earlier, I would have looked for someone that might want to do a straight trade. Takes less than 30 minutes to swap them out if you enjoy a beer along the way.
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
The question I have is: is there a market for a Sahara front bumper?

I replaced the OE plastic bumper with a Mopar steel bumper as I plan to add a winch; the plastic bumper is now sitting in my garage, fog lights and all.
bumper. i'd say no. however i wouldnt throw out the fog lights. since you have the complete set, you might get lucky in selling them.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I just bought some for my 80th Anniversary Snazzberry for $50. But YMMV depending on area. :like:

Jeep Wrangler JL Question About Sahara Running Boards 45704
nice addition to the jeep heard.

Sponsored

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
The question I have is: is there a market for a Sahara front bumper?

I replaced the OE plastic bumper with a Mopar steel bumper as I plan to add a winch; the plastic bumper is now sitting in my garage, fog lights and all.
I’ve seen JKs rolling around with them, so there’s at least a market to give it away. I bet you could get $25-50 for it if you’re patient enough. Those JK bumpers faded bad after a while, I bet someone out there wants to replace it.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought some for my 80th Anniversary Snazzberry for $50. But YMMV depending on area. :like:

Jeep Wrangler JL Question About Sahara Running Boards 45704
Welcome to the 4 Door dark side!

Sponsored

DieselJ

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I've had my take off parts on CL and Marketplace for a couple months now. Only sold the front bumper so far.

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for everyone’s thoughts to my original question. I was contacted by a new forum member close to my Florida neck of the jungle, and he and his wife drove an hour to my property yesterday to purchase them. Great folks, first time Jeep owners. I made darn sure the boards were what they wanted and needed before accepting payment. I would rather throw them in a dumpster than sell them to someone new to Jeeps if they weren’t appropriate for their stated use, as he’s not only a fellow Jeep guy, but also a fellow veteran.

Best part of the deal? I made new friends!

I also had the same rock/step sliders that I have on my rig installed on my wife’s Sahara on Monday. It’s starting to look like a “proper” Wrangler. ;) Next step is to replace the crappy highway tread with some proper ATs, which I am already working on.

Thanks again, good people!

astglenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Good people, we are removing the stock running boards from my wife’s 2020 Sahara and replacing them with rock rails. Is there any point in trying to sell them? I have seen multiple attempts on this forum to do the same, but the threads are extremely short on replies.
Many of us have these hard to store, spare boards. I have been unable to give them away. Good luck!

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Many of us have these hard to store, spare boards. I have been unable to give them away. Good luck!
I was able to sell them for $100 - to a couple with a new Willys. They were very happy with them.
Sponsored