Sponsored

Question about Mopar flat tow wire harness operation.

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
I have Mopar flat towing wire harness installed in my 2020 JLUR diesel and towing it with the RV. I am using ready brute tow bar that is actuating breaks in jeep by pulling jeep break pedal with a cable. I just completed my towing setup and did few towing test drives. I had my wife following me behind and recording video of break lights and behavior of the jeep. I have noticed that depending on how hard I apply breaks on my RV my jeep third break light will or will not come on. Light application of the breaks will turn only left and right break light but third light will not come on. Only heavier break application will turn all 3 break lights on. Not sure if i can assume that left and right break light will come when RV break signal is send to jeep by Mopar wire harness and third break light is turned on by jeep break pedal being pulled and actuating jeep break light circuit. I would appreciate input from someone familiar with the subject.

Towing.jpg
Sponsored

9mmkungfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Can you tell me what the part number is for your harness? Wondering if it's diesel-specific.

MoJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLURD EcoDiesel, 1985 Jeep CJ 7, 2018 Dynamax Dynaquest XL
Occupation
Consultant- motorcycle and automotive
I have the Mopar harness in my JLUR Diesel. It is not a diesel specific part number. My lights work fine but I am using a Demco Air Force One air brake system.

9mmkungfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
I should have posted an update - I did figure that out. My problem with the harness was related to the Mopar instructions being wrong. Someone pointed it out in another thread and once the wires were swapped, all was well again.

Kraxler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Diesel 2021
How did you swap the pins? Getting the pins out and the connector open? I can’t get it open . Thanks.

Sponsored

cinap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
I should have posted an update - I did figure that out. My problem with the harness was related to the Mopar instructions being wrong. Someone pointed it out in another thread and once the wires were swapped, all was well again.
@9mmkungfu Can you share some more details on this and/or link me to that thread? I have the same harness on mine and none of the lights are working. It was installed by the dealer when I ordered it.

9mmkungfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD