Sponsored

Question about matching speakers for you audio guys

overboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU(sold) 2021 JLURD
I am looking at replacing my sound bar and knee speakers with some decent Alpines.
They both have a sensitivity of 88 db.
I already have the Infinity Reference 3.5"s that everyone was using a year ago for the dash spots installed, they have a sensitivity of 91 db.
Do you think this will be an issue? I noticed when I put in the Infinitys they over power the stock speakers, probably due to this.
Wondering if you think 88 vs 91 will be an issue, or will buying a speaker with 89 or 88 make much of a difference to get things "even"
Sponsored

Txcomp

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I am looking at replacing my sound bar and knee speakers with some decent Alpines.
They both have a sensitivity of 88 db.
I already have the Infinity Reference 3.5"s that everyone was using a year ago for the dash spots installed, they have a sensitivity of 91 db.
Do you think this will be an issue? I noticed when I put in the Infinitys they over power the stock speakers, probably due to this.
Wondering if you think 88 vs 91 will be an issue, or will buying a speaker with 89 or 88 make much of a difference to get things "even"
You may notice the mids in the dash being more pronounced due to the efficiency mismatch. If you do, google “3dB attenuator circuit” if you’re handy with electronics and build your own Lpad for the dash speakers. If you’re not handy with that kind of thing, you can buy a prebuilt l-pad that wires inline with the speaker wires. That will decrease the output of the dash speakers to match you mid bass speakers in your knee locations.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
After running the Ifinitys in the dash for a couple years, I swapped them out for some 6 ohm tweeters to restore the balance between the upper and lower dash speakers.
Sponsored