First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
I'm still waiting for my RockHard bumper to arrive but then I'll be ready to flat tow. I understand t-case in neutral and tranny in park but I'm confused as to what position I need to place the ignition in. The nice lady at Jeep Cares says to leave it in off, but won't the steering be locked? Anybody flat towed yet? What did you do? Thanks
Sponsored

BIDTAKR

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL WRANGLER RUBICON
I'm still waiting for my RockHard bumper to arrive but then I'll be ready to flat tow. I understand t-case in neutral and tranny in park but I'm confused as to what position I need to place the ignition in. The nice lady at Jeep Cares says to leave it in off, but won't the steering be locked? Anybody flat towed yet? What did you do? Thanks
I just finished putting on the blue ox bolt on tow bar on my 2018 jl rubicon.
The instruction to put the jeep in flat tow are in the uconect setting in the radio
I use the roadmaster braking system . you need the extended 12v cable to reach the power outlet in the rear section because the jeep doesn't have a power 12v outlet in the front .
Turn the car on, put it neutral, set to "N" in 4 by shift, move trans to drive - then reverse to clear gears - put in park turn key off.
there is no lock on the steering wheel

OP
OP
MtCamper

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Thanks. I checked out my Brake Buddy last night and found out about the 12v power. An extended cord would be way easier than using one of the Aux switches to wire in one. Good tip. I'm still trying to figure uconect. So far it's smarter than i am.
Sponsored