Sponsored

Question about factory leather heated seats (not how to turn off auto start :-) )

Mr_nico

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0T 2019
Hey everyone, I've been searching the forum for the answer but cant find it (only find tons of questions about turning the "Auto heat" option or fitting aftermarket heaters)..

Basically I have a 2019 UK spec Sahara (which comes with Cloth seats, colour coded hard top and wings (fenders), 18" wheels (rims) and the large uconnect screen and alpine audio package etc).

I've recently picked up a good deal on Leather interior from an overland (the model we get between the Rubicon and the Sahara). these seats are factory leather and include heated front seats... my question is... will these fit and connect into the harness without modification? and will heated seats work or would the uconnect need an upgrade?

I dont really care if the heaters dont work unless its simple to enable but I do not want to cause any canbus issues with the airbags or have issues with the loom etc..

can anyone advise?
Sponsored

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Hey everyone, I've been searching the forum for the answer but cant find it (only find tons of questions about turning the "Auto heat" option or fitting aftermarket heaters)..

Basically I have a 2019 UK spec Sahara (which comes with Cloth seats, colour coded hard top and wings (fenders), 18" wheels (rims) and the large uconnect screen and alpine audio package etc).

I've recently picked up a good deal on Leather interior from an overland (the model we get between the Rubicon and the Sahara). these seats are factory leather and include heated front seats... my question is... will these fit and connect into the harness without modification? and will heated seats work or would the uconnect need an upgrade?

I dont really care if the heaters dont work unless its simple to enable but I do not want to cause any canbus issues with the airbags or have issues with the loom etc..

can anyone advise?
Do you have heated seats already? If you do, it should be plug and play. If not, its not that simple to enable. Granted all the wires are there (most likely not), you need heated seat module (68438109AB) and coding at minimum, maybe something else, I'm in the process of figuring it out myself.

OP
OP
Mr_nico

Mr_nico

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have heated seats already? If you do, it should be plug and play. If not, its not that simple to enable. Granted all the wires are there (most likely not), you need heated seat module (68438109AB) and coding at minimum, maybe something else, I'm in the process of figuring it out myself.
Hi, Thanks for the info!, I dont have heated seats currently. I guess I'm not worried about heated seats and really have purchased the interior for leather (current are cloth). If I can make them work with coding and a module then great but if its complex or costly I'll just not use the heater and possibly change them for an aftermarket solution.

more than anything I really just want to be sure that by swapping the seats I wont be having any trouble with canbus or the airbags in them and that the other things (like weight sensor) will work.

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi, Thanks for the info!, I dont have heated seats currently. I guess I'm not worried about heated seats and really have purchased the interior for leather (current are cloth). If I can make them work with coding and a module then great but if its complex or costly I'll just not use the heater and possibly change them for an aftermarket solution.

more than anything I really just want to be sure that by swapping the seats I wont be having any trouble with canbus or the airbags in them and that the other things (like weight sensor) will work.
I did this swap (sport cloth to Rubicon Heated leather) and have no problems. Everything is plug and play, heated seats obviously do not work yet.

OP
OP
Mr_nico

Mr_nico

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did this swap (sport cloth to Rubicon Heated leather) and have no problems. Everything is plug and play, heated seats obviously do not work yet.
Thanks for the confirmation, great to know, I'm just about to start the swap. When done if I'm able to find out more about the heated seats I'll post here and keep an eye out for your progress if you have any.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mr_nico

Mr_nico

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok so I swapped the front seats out this evening (rears tomorrow) and weight sensors and airbags seem to have been accepted no worries as you said. very happy there in my plush new leather seats!!

Did a bit of research on parts that are related to headed winter pack and so far found the following (although found a reference that a garage door opener switch panel overhead is also added to the build when the pack is included (but yet to be seen if its needed or not or just part of the cold weather pack)) While I dont intend to add the steering wheel I am listing what I can find that may be relevant and referencing its compatibility with the years since there seems to be considerable difference between 2018 and 2019 in part numbers (I'm on 2019 JLU Sahara but UK spec)... and then after all this its a question of if uconnect needs the sales pack adding.. programming! not to mention that i've already spotted various differences in the UK spec uconnect with options simply not being present on USA versions (airbag disable), I'm hoping its not the same for the heated seats although I suspect not since its an option here.

I got my seats from a UK breaker that just took a JL apart, I'm going to message them and ask how much more they have (as they only listed the interior and doors currently)

Jeep Wrangler JL Question about factory leather heated seats (not how to turn off auto start :-) ) Capture.JPG

68438109AB - Heated Seat Module (Link) 2019
68290755AH - Heated Seat Module (Link) 2018
68294071AD - Seat Cushion Heated Pad (Link) 2018 + 2019
6RN501R3AA - Heated Steering wheel (Link) 2018 + 2019
68294073AC - Seat Back heater (Link) 2018 + 2019

the next 3 are tricky, will need to check from a vin with winter pack...

6BE14DX9AC - Center Stack (Link) 2018
6SX74DX9AA- Center Stack (link) 2019 (suggested by site as alternative to above)
6SX73DX9AA -Center Stack (Link) 2019 (more expensive but one of many variations available!!!)

1600371908977.png

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok so I swapped the front seats out this evening (rears tomorrow) and weight sensors and airbags seem to have been accepted no worries as you said. very happy there in my plush new leather seats!!

Did a bit of research on parts that are related to headed winter pack and so far found the following (although found a reference that a garage door opener switch panel overhead is also added to the build when the pack is included (but yet to be seen if its needed or not or just part of the cold weather pack)) While I dont intend to add the steering wheel I am listing what I can find that may be relevant and referencing its compatibility with the years since there seems to be considerable difference between 2018 and 2019 in part numbers (I'm on 2019 JLU Sahara but UK spec)... and then after all this its a question of if uconnect needs the sales pack adding.. programming! not to mention that i've already spotted various differences in the UK spec uconnect with options simply not being present on USA versions (airbag disable), I'm hoping its not the same for the heated seats although I suspect not since its an option here.

I got my seats from a UK breaker that just took a JL apart, I'm going to message them and ask how much more they have (as they only listed the interior and doors currently)

Jeep Wrangler JL Question about factory leather heated seats (not how to turn off auto start :-) ) 1600371908977

68438109AB - Heated Seat Module (Link) 2019
68290755AH - Heated Seat Module (Link) 2018
68294071AD - Seat Cushion Heated Pad (Link) 2018 + 2019
6RN501R3AA - Heated Steering wheel (Link) 2018 + 2019
68294073AC - Seat Back heater (Link) 2018 + 2019

the next 3 are tricky, will need to check from a vin with winter pack...

6BE14DX9AC - Center Stack (Link) 2018
6SX74DX9AA- Center Stack (link) 2019 (suggested by site as alternative to above)
6SX73DX9AA -Center Stack (Link) 2019 (more expensive but one of many variations available!!!)

Jeep Wrangler JL Question about factory leather heated seats (not how to turn off auto start :-) ) 1600371908977
Yes, I forgot about the heated steering wheel. It goes together with heated seats. Not sure if heated seats will work without it. Center stack is another thing. Not sure if its absolutely needed as you can control everything through uconnect. Programming should be easy, you can use OBD JScan app.

OP
OP
Mr_nico

Mr_nico

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I forgot about the heated steering wheel. It goes together with heated seats. Not sure if heated seats will work without it. Center stack is another thing. Not sure if its absolutely needed as you can control everything through uconnect. Programming should be easy, you can use OBD JScan app.
you think JScan will allow the heated seats option? I thought it would need the sales code adding for the package to show it was acquired..?

yeah I'm worried about the steering wheel... I know the steering wheel option is in the same place on the uconnect as the seats, if there is no heated wheel it may throw an error that stops the whole thing working and I havent looked into if the wheel includes the wires in the standard loom but everyones opinion is that it will be tuff to add or expensive!

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you think JScan will allow the heated seats option? I thought it would need the sales code adding for the package to show it was acquired..?

yeah I'm worried about the steering wheel... I know the steering wheel option is in the same place on the uconnect as the seats, if there is no heated wheel it may throw an error that stops the whole thing working and I havent looked into if the wheel includes the wires in the standard loom but everyones opinion is that it will be tuff to add or expensive!
If I understand correctly adding sales code and turning on the option in JScan is very similar, but I might be wrong. You can enable LED lights or Off road pages through sales codes of through apps. I assume adding heated seats will be similar.

OP
OP
Mr_nico

Mr_nico

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I understand correctly adding sales code and turning on the option in JScan is very similar, but I might be wrong. You can enable LED lights or Off road pages through sales codes of through apps. I assume adding heated seats will be similar.
cool I hope so. I did have a look in the ap and can see (under "adaption") the option fo activate HSM (which I hope means heated seat module)

Sponsored

scottedontknow

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 YJ, 95 YJ, 2019 JLU x2
cool I hope so. I did have a look in the ap and can see (under "adaption") the option fo activate HSM (which I hope means heated seat module)
So this is my next project that i want to attempt! I just did the 5" Uconnect to 7" Uconnect, and swapped out the controls for the ones with heated seat controls ( 6sz00dx9aa for my 2019) and flashed it with JScan. Im wondering if i can add in the heat pads and modules and the heated steering wheel can i get them to actually work haha!

Bigtom04

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler willys (girls friends) 15 ram 2500 larmine cummins
Has anything come from this. I want to add a heated steering wheel to my girlfriend 2020 wrangler willys. Wondering if anyone has tried this any further?

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)