Question about drag link and tie rod

fefe2018

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
I just bought the Steersmart yeti drag link with Griffin XD Attenuator. I got a question. Do I have to pair with yeti tie rod together? Can I just use my oem stock tie rod ?
I understand I will need to loose the passenger side tie rod In order to remove the drag link. But I can’t find another reason why I have to replace my tie rod. Thanks for helping
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I just bought the Steersmart yeti drag link with Griffin XD Attenuator. I got a question. Do I have to pair with yeti tie rod together? Can I just use my oem stock tie rod ?
I understand I will need to loose the passenger side tie rod In order to remove the drag link. But I can’t find another reason why I have to replace my tie rod. Thanks for helping
Yes of course

OP
OP
fefe2018

fefe2018

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
Yes of course
Yes of course replace with yeti tie rod or keep the stock one ? The reason why I am asking is, when I try to find an installation video, they always replace both together

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You don’t have to replace it.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Curious why you did drag link over tie rod?

Im waiting for my synergy tie rod to come but im leaving my stock drag link.

Drag link is up out of the way. I destroyed my stabilizer and have more scratches on the stock tie rod then I want. There for tie rod is more important to me

Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase

Drag link is up out of the way. I destroyed my stabilizer and have more scratches on the stock tie rod then I want. There for tie rod is more important to me
Replacing drag link will do more to steering than tie-rod. OEM drag link has a lot of plays, and worn out faster with lifted Jeep.

Replacing tie-rod is more for durability, most aftermarket tie-rod are overbuilt for tons.

Different purposes I guess.

OP
OP
fefe2018

fefe2018

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl

I am a less off road guy but more daily freeway Driving. Since I lift up my JL, It just can’t go straight on the the freeway without two hands on the steering wheel. I want more relax driving. I already replaced the steering stabilizer, teraflex adjustable lower control arms, synergy track bar , also their track bar and sector shaft brace. Tried 4 different alignment toe and caster setting. It does drive more stable on freeway, but I hear the yeti draglink with Griffin XD Attenuator will improve the negative feedback on the steering wheel

OP
OP
fefe2018

fefe2018

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
Replacing drag link will do more to steering than tie-rod. OEM drag link has a lot of plays, and worn out faster with lifted Jeep.

Replacing tie-rod is more for durability, most aftermarket tie-rod are overbuilt for tons.

Different purposes I guess.
exactly. I hear the stock tie rod is almost the same weight like most aftermarket ones. But aftermarket draglinks are lot more durable than the stock one.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Yes of course replace with yeti tie rod or keep the stock one ? The reason why I am asking is, when I try to find an installation video, they always replace both together
Sorry I just realized how stupid my answer was, was late at night - my apologies, but someone already mentioned, yes you can keep the stock tie rod and just use the yeti drag link.

OP
OP
fefe2018

fefe2018

First Name
Felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl
Sorry I just realized how stupid my answer was, was late at night - my apologies, but someone already mentioned, yes you can keep the stock tie rod and just use the yeti drag link.
No problem man. I was surprised someone still awake ;)
Sponsored