Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Occupation
Retail Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Recomendations for grease to use on the hinges?
Sponsored

Ppita02

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
So back in the TJ days I always removed the bolts holding the doors to make it easier to take the doors off easier. I was never to worried about the doors being stolen, and by dumb luck I never had a problem.

That brings me to the new JLU... Now that we have the screw on the inside of the door that holds the little thing that keeps the door from swinging open it seems much more secure. Are any of you only putting that screw in to hold the doors in place when putting your door back on? Am I going to run into any problems by not securing the bolts to the hinges during the summer. Just seems unneeded at this point in time.

Thoughts?
The only thing I would worry about is the wind blowing or not remembering the inside bolt isnā€™t on and the door swinging forward hitting your front. Fender/Hood. Other than that I can see this being pretty safe. I know some people that didnā€™t know the doors come off!

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
The only thing I would worry about is the wind blowing or not remembering the inside bolt isnā€™t on and the door swinging forward hitting your front. Fender/Hood. Other than that I can see this being pretty safe. I know some people that didnā€™t know the doors come off!
I canā€™t inagine why someone would buy a wrangler and not take the top and doors off. I have a friend with a JKUR and hasnā€™t once taken the top or doors off. Jeez, get a Tahoe instead!

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
It seems like I am not alone in leaving them off! They can stay in the little storage tray in back until I sell the vehicle... (although I might put them on in the winter, just to be safe)
I meant to put the bolts back on the hinge pins for the winter. It is now the first day of spring and I realize that I never put the bolts back on. Oops! I guess I'll see soon if winter road spray took a toll on the hinge pins.

I'm sure I should lube them well. Any recommended lube?

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
All bolts off but the door stop position bolt. If anyone reaches in and opens the door from the inside, the alarm sounds.
Itā€™s my understanding that if you have the top down and doors locked by work of the key or button on the handle and the door is opened without first unlocking it using the key button or proximity (handle+key present) then the alarm will sound. Same goes for the tailgate. Doesnā€™t matter if windows are down.

IowaRaider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I meant to put the bolts back on the hinge pins for the winter. It is now the first day of spring and I realize that I never put the bolts back on. Oops! I guess I'll see soon if winter road spray took a toll on the hinge pins.

I'm sure I should lube them well. Any recommended lube?
I use spray can of white lithium grease
Sponsored