Question about disengaging front and rear lockers

Cbacon

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Took our 2019 JLUR to the Offroad park. First real offroad experience. Flip lever to engage lockers and it locks within 2-3 seconds. Push the button to turn them off. Seems like it would take awhile for them to disengage. Light would be flashing for 30-60 seconds. Manual doesn't say anything about being in park, netrual, wheels straight, or anything like that. Is this normal or should they disengage in 2-3 seconds?
Thanks,
Corey

IMG_20191208_134500.jpg
Sponsored

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
Mine does roughly the same thing. Quick to engage, but slower to disengage. Maybe not 30-60 seconds but it does take longer for the light to quit flashing. I never timed it but just kept driving and noticed the light does go off.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes rolling a few feet speeds it up. Same with the sway bar.

Alf1096

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
As they get worn in it sometimes will become faster. The locker can’t be under a bind or it won’t disengage. Sounds like it’s acting normal.

Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Sometimes rolling a few feet speeds it up. Same with the sway bar.
I've never had lockers before, but this what I've done. I've had mine flash until it times out. but if I move a little, it has seemed to help. Not sure if that is right or wrong.

Do the lockers need to be on flat ground or anything to engage? I've never known if I can get to a point where i need them, and then still engage them? Last time on a trail, I just locked the rear to be safe because I didn't know if I could lock when I needed it.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've never had lockers before, but this what I've done. I've had mine flash until it times out. but if I move a little, it has seemed to help. Not sure if that is right or wrong.

Do the lockers need to be on flat ground or anything to engage? I've never known if I can get to a point where i need them, and then still engage them? Last time on a trail, I just locked the rear to be safe because I didn't know if I could lock when I needed it.
I'd guess it's less stress to lock them before you need them, but I would lock them if I got into trouble and needed them to get out.

This is what the manual has.

Axle Lock (Tru-Lok) — Rubicon Models The AXLE LOCK switch is located on the instrument panel (to the right of the steering column). Axle Lock Switch Panel This feature will only activate when the following conditions are met: • Ignition in RUN position, vehicle in 4L (Low) range. • Vehicle speed should be 10 mph (16 km/h) or less. • Both right and left wheels on axle are at the same speed. To activate the system, push the AXLE LOCK switch down to lock the rear axle only (the “REAR ONLY” will illuminate), push the switch up to lock the front axle and rear axle (the “FRONT + REAR” will illuminate). When the rear axle is locked, pushing the bottom of switch again will lock or unlock the front axle. NOTE: The indicator lights will flash until the axles are fully locked or unlocked. To unlock the axles, push the AXLE LOCK OFF button. Axle lock will disengage if the vehicle is taken out of 4L (Low) range, or the ignition switch is turned to the OFF position. The axle lock disengages at speeds above 30 mph (48 km/h), and will automatically re-lock once vehicle speed is less than 10 mph (16 km/h).
Sponsored