Sponsored

Question about Custom Rig on Lot, Rip-off? Can I do this for cheaper?

SP25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
What up @BrendanMarine

I just went through through a similar process, ordering a turn key lifted jeep for the wife. Below is how I did it, with trying to plug in some of your figures.

*Disclaimer* All my figures are just a swag.

I cant see the exact MSRP or options but quick public school math says it’s around $47,263. I bought my vehicle through Travis @TriCity Jeep great experience, plenty of reviews on the forum, you’ll get 7% off invoice no haggling. So with a MSRP ~$47,263, invoice should be around ~$44,770, with ~7% off Sale Price should be around ~$41,636. I ordered all my add ons (Mopar Lift/ Wheels/ Tires/ Mopar reinforced lift gate) through Justforjeeps.com and had them shipped to Tri City, they installed everything for ~$650. I ordered my extended warranty through Tom Winkels @ Hayes Jeep 6 yr/125K miles ~$1600. Financing with Navy Federal Credit union 48 months @ 1.19%. I paid for all the extras via my credit card and worked the cost into my loan, via cash back(check) from tri city jeep. This may seem like a lot of work, but it’s not, all of these guys are used to working wholesale deals over the phone.

Below is the cost breakdown. Please hit me up if you have any questions. Good luck with the purchase.

Cost Breakdown:
Vehicle: $41,636
Add ons: $6,477–This is with Mopar wheels/nito tires. Take off $1775 if you don’t wheels.
Install: $1,000–Added $400 for AMP step
Warranty: $1,600
Total: $50,713

Just for Jeep screenshot:
Jeep Wrangler JL Question about Custom Rig on Lot, Rip-off? Can I do this for cheaper? 1609078634213

The Wife's jeep:
Jeep Wrangler JL Question about Custom Rig on Lot, Rip-off? Can I do this for cheaper? 1609078686311
Sponsored

mbaglole

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU
What up @BrendanMarine

I just went through through a similar process, ordering a turn key lifted jeep for the wife. Below is how I did it, with trying to plug in some of your figures.

*Disclaimer* All my figures are just a swag.

I cant see the exact MSRP or options but quick public school math says it’s around $47,263. I bought my vehicle through Travis @TriCity Jeep great experience, plenty of reviews on the forum, you’ll get 7% off invoice no haggling. So with a MSRP ~$47,263, invoice should be around ~$44,770, with ~7% off Sale Price should be around ~$41,636. I ordered all my add ons (Mopar Lift/ Wheels/ Tires/ Mopar reinforced lift gate) through Justforjeeps.com and had them shipped to Tri City, they installed everything for ~$650. I ordered my extended warranty through Tom Winkels @ Hayes Jeep 6 yr/125K miles ~$1600. Financing with Navy Federal Credit union 48 months @ 1.19%. I paid for all the extras via my credit card and worked the cost into my loan, via cash back(check) from tri city jeep. This may seem like a lot of work, but it’s not, all of these guys are used to working wholesale deals over the phone.

Below is the cost breakdown. Please hit me up if you have any questions. Good luck with the purchase.

Cost Breakdown:
Vehicle: $41,636
Add ons: $6,477–This is with Mopar wheels/nito tires. Take off $1775 if you don’t wheels.
Install: $1,000–Added $400 for AMP step
Warranty: $1,600
Total: $50,713

Just for Jeep screenshot:
Jeep Wrangler JL Question about Custom Rig on Lot, Rip-off? Can I do this for cheaper? 1609078686311

The Wife's jeep:
bad ass!

To add to this - I emailed a bunch of local dealers in WA, and ended up with 5% under invoice. You could then take this to dealers that have the model you're looking for on the lot you want and negotiate from there. I agree with everyone's sentiment, 10k is ridiculous.

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
There is a reason Jeep dealers “Mod” new Jeeps and it’s not to make happy customers, it’s to make many extra $$$ on the sale..

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
The power steps are 18-19 hundred uninstalled. There great if you take an elderly person in your Jeep.
a step stool is a hellva a lot cheaper for those occasional elderly rides. my mother is 75 and a stool is all she want to ride in my jl. just saying. :like:

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
any dealership will overprice any aftermarket stuff on to a vehicle. i've seen $10-$15k on a jeep. $20k on a ford raptor or super duty. same goes on the sport cars. $5- $29k from 3m stripes to spoiler / wings and or suspension, tires / wheels, to engine mods.

one thing to remember, dealership may or may not warranty a custom dealer build. theres a gray area on this subject. same goes if you do the aftermarket mods after you buy the jeep.

if you still want a modded jeep, the best option is to buy the jeep stock and mod it the way you want it. it'll be cheaper.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
a step stool is a hellva a lot cheaper for those occasional elderly rides. my mother is 75 and a stool is all she want to ride in my jl. just saying. :like:
I hear you Chris. I had a foldable stool from Amazon in my cargo area for years. I still had to get out set it and always had that fear that the stool would kick out if she wasn’t centered on it. I used to stand about 6” behind her just in case.
Unfortunately my mom passed in October. My mother in law is still here.
I knew when purchasing the power steps that the stool wouldn’t be forever.
I only off road some back woods upstate so my Jeep being stock is fine with me. This was my “big mod”. I still like them.

maaark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
For $10k you should be able to get a suspension lift, tires, wheels, lights, and a tazer, all top of the line..... assuming you do the work yourself. Could likely buy all the tools you'd need too.

It's a fine looking rig but you can do better for less $ but may require more elbow grease. Good luck!

SnowDawg

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2022 JLUR, 2018 Raptor, 2022 TRX
I think it's a rip off. Either do it yourself for cheaper or buy a good used one that is already done up. An example, my 2019 Rubi was 54K, I put around 15k of mods on it and am selling it only 7k miles for 52K. You should be able to find similar deals.

Stevea709

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Recon
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

So I’ve been been in the market for a new Wrangler for a few weeks now, and I’ve been quietly lurking in these forums. I have a question, and please forgive me for being a newbie. I went to a dealer today and saw a custom Sahara Unlimited that basically checked every box I was looking for. However, I can’t help but think the added markup is a rip off for the mods they put on this (I’m posting a picture of the custom sticker).

My question, roughly how much would it cost to lift the Jeep with a good quality kit, add 35-12.50-17 tires, and get the thing calibrated on my own? Is this markup a huge ripoff? They’re asking for 57,000 for this rig.

Even if you overpaid for all Mods, No more than $5,000 for everything.

KELove

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sahara
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for this! I’m planning on buying a Sahara altitude, and they usually
Come with 17 inch wheels, which I can just keep right? It looks like the wheels are stock here. Sorry if it’s a dumb question, still learning. Just getting into the community.
My sahara came with 18s. I thought that was the standard size for sahara s.

Sponsored

TP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
My sahara came with 18s. I thought that was the standard size for sahara s.
If you look closely, they are 18s on it.

I have the same stock wheels on my sport Altitude.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I used a folding step stool with a string to get in my husband’s JK when my knee fell apart. It did the job.

funglenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS North Edition
This thing is waaay overpriced. I bought a Sahara north edition for 46 new. This is nuts and has a lot of stuff you may. It want or need
Sponsored