Quarter Panel Damage

RedRubi98

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Well after a little after a month of ownership my Jeep was finally broken in by good old NJ drivers. After going through the normal stages of denial, anger, despair, and now acceptance its time to move on and hope it will be fixed. I would like to reach out to see what shops you all recommend for the repair. I am looking for a place that specializes/ has a lot of experience with Jeeps and does quality work. I know it will never be the same as when it rolled off the lot but living in NY/NJ I have had many bodyshop nightmares id like to avoid. I am worried about the fitment of the hardtop now due to the damage, it is not severe but anytime the quarter panel is damaged I hear its a nightmare. the impact was directly on the fender flare but when it ripped off the quarter panel was bent a bit. I am proud to say that three Jeeps pulled over at the scene of the accident to make sure I was okay and asked if they could help, looks like there is still the hope of community. I live in north jersey but go to school in south is jersey so im open to all suggestions around the state. Please help me find my best shot at getting it close to what it was. :(

IMG_1567.JPG

IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_8488.JPG

IMG_1231.JPG
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I usually don't recommend Yelp , but in the case of NJ/NY you will want to read up on customer's opinions of the body shops . Hopefully you will find a well-recommended body shop . Are you going to order a replacement fender flare from mopar , or just re-attach yours ? Good luck .

OP
OP

RedRubi98

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I usually don't recommend Yelp , but in the case of NJ/NY you will want to read up on customer's opinions of the body shops . Hopefully you will find a well-recommended body shop . Are you going to order a replacement from mopar , or just fix yours ?
Thanks for the tip, I am ordering a new flare from mopar, I have the painted ones, im not sure if they come paint matched or primed

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Thanks for the tip, I am ordering a new flare from mopar, I have the painted ones, im not sure if they come paint matched or primed
Probably primed , then you can paint it green or orange for a special look . Cordially .

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
That sux. Damn jersey drivers!! Where in north jersey? I'm in Bergen County and can recommend a great body shop if you're nearby.

Sponsored

OP
OP

RedRubi98

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
That sux. Damn jersey drivers!! Where in north jersey? I'm in Bergen County and can recommend a great body shop if you're nearby.
Im also in Bergen county, Dumont if you know the area. What shop?

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
Im also in Bergen county, Dumont if you know the area. What shop?
Go to Martens Body and Fender in Glen Rock. Really honest and fair guy. May take awhile but he's your best shot at getting your jeep back to new

OP
OP

RedRubi98

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Go to Martens Body and Fender in Glen Rock. Really honest and fair guy. May take awhile but he's your best shot at getting your jeep back to new
ill check it out thanks for the recommendation!

Oilslick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
I'd get a few estimates and get a check issued to you, assuming it's other drivers fault/insurance . Then I'd fix the flare and see how much it bothered me after a few weeks. Sounds crazy, but getting a good repair with paint that matches could be a challenge . Good luck.
Sponsored