Sponsored

Quality seat cover that compatible with cargo liner?

Chaostactics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Does any company make a quality seat cover that allows for the back of the rear seat covers for the Mopar cargo liner clips to still be utilized?

JLU if it matters (I don't think it does...)

Having trouble even finding pics of the back of the back seats for most of the seat covers available.

TIA!
Sponsored

nunziotocci

First Name
Annunziato
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Husqvarna Svartpilen 701

Sponsored

nunziotocci

First Name
Annunziato
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Husqvarna Svartpilen 701
Ok, I just looked up "Mopar Cargo Liner" and found this: https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/cargo-tray-jeep-wrangler-jl

You are talking about the attachment points for the rubber mat. The answer for the covers I got is no, but you can buy eyelets that you just hammer in. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Pangda-Grommet-Setting-Grommets-Diameter/dp/B07FKHHTMZ

I don't know what size the connection points are, but you should be able to find something the correct size.

Edit: shorten amazon link

OP
OP

Chaostactics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
@nunziotocci thanks for the reply. Yea I've contemplated the grommet idea. The holes where the cargo covers clip into the seats are pretty friggen big. 3/4-1" or so. Also the mats barely clip into the factory points as is because you have to cut through the back of the seat carpet liner material to install the clips. I'm a bit worried any additional thickness would make them not clip at all. But maybe it's just time to suck it up and pull the trigger.

Between being cover in sweat from mountain biking, covered in sunscreen and saltwater from surfing, and mud from hiking/off roading our stock seat material is getting gross.

Heather87

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Diver Down Neoprene seat covers. These are some of the best seat covers I’ve seen. They don’t even look like seat covers.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Chaostactics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Those are not compatible with the Wrangler JL Mopar cargo mats.

rkan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 VW GTI Autobahn
I have had the exact same thought.
Doesn't the main floor liner and its 1st flap ride like a shingle over the floor liner section that is attached to the back of the seat? I have the Mopar cargo liner and installed it, but I cannot look at the moment and I don't remember. If so, could you not simply sacrifice the portion that is attached to the back of the seat as far as protection goes and just put the seat cover over that liner portion once it's installed? Or skip that installation to the seat back step.

Natbass

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Sport
Those are not compatible with the Wrangler JL Mopar cargo mats.
The Rough Country covers do work with the cargo mats but you have to put them over the seat back mats. Not ideal but it does fit, I've had the seat covers for a year and just bought and installed the cargo mats today. Leaves the seat cover on the exterior of the seat backs so you could just leave the mats off but I'm looking for some puncture protection and don't really mind the seat covers getting roughed up, the mats protect the OEM upholstery.
Sponsored