Sponsored

Quality of Backup Camera

Reabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara unlimited 2018
Yep I istalled some Rigid flood lights tied into my reverse lights.....amazing....I can see up my neighbors asshole from 100 yards away!!
Do you have a way to temporarily unplug them and test? I have some reverse light installed and quality of camera decreased once installed.
Sponsored

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
I'm in the throws of adding an aftermarket front camera. I am not expecting this to somehow make the rear camera perform worse. I'll let yall know.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Jeep, 2021 GT500, BMW X7 M50i, '19 Raptor, TRX
Do you have a way to temporarily unplug them and test? I have some reverse light installed and quality of camera decreased once installed.
No i'm sorry I don't

flintlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Ordering my 2022 JLUR XR this week. I’m coming from a JT with a rear camera only and its quality is fantastic. Am I reading this thread right in that if I want to maintain that same rear camera quality on the JL, I should *NOT* order the front trail camera?

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Ordering my 2022 JLUR XR this week. I’m coming from a JT with a rear camera only and its quality is fantastic. Am I reading this thread right in that if I want to maintain that same rear camera quality on the JL, I should *NOT* order the front trail camera?
Yes from what most of us can gather.

Sponsored

1BadDad

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Innovator
@JeepCares Hopefully you all can chime in on us receiving trash after spending extra for a front facing camera?

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I confirm that if you use rear tailight to power something, ex lights or anything else, quality drops drastically.
I don’t have anything doing that right now.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Seems that way, but I find the front camera handy and not just in off-road situations.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Seems that way, but I find the front camera handy and not just in off-road situations.
Agreed. Might sound kind of lame, but I find it incredibly useful in everyday stuff like parking in tight spots.

I would probably still get it again despite its flaws if I was ordering a new Jeep, if that tells you anything.

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Hi Josiah, any updates from your testing or from Jeep on this issue? Or do we expect anything to shed more light on this issue (or a fix)?
Nothing has changed it’s still doing the same thing. I think this is just the nature of having a dual camera set up on uConnect 4.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
for me quality isn’t bad only in low light which is common at least with the two cars I have.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
for me quality isn’t bad only in low light which is common at least with the two cars I have.
Trust me it's a lower resolution and worse sensor than my wife's Sahara. It's all good. If I want the tech in my second or third car, I will buy a Tesla. Not to get off topic but how the hell is Tesla stock still climbing?

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Trust me it's a lower resolution and worse sensor than my wife's Sahara. It's all good. If I want the tech in my second or third car, I will buy a Tesla. Not to get off topic but how the hell is Tesla stock still climbing?
For you even during the day? I have an (now my dads) and I can’t tell the difference.
Sponsored