Sponsored

Qualify of Life Mods for Daily Driver (Sahara)

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Depending on your height, grab handles are usually the first thing I put in my Jeep. I’m tall and find them useful, but shorter people really appreciated them especially on my old lifted YJ. I always make my own with paracord.

You may want to tint. Where I’m from (Florida) it’s pretty much a necessity; I’m not sure how hot it gets in KY. I now live in Texas so I’ll be getting a tint ASAP.

Also I would look into getting some rubber piping to put between the fenders and body- even if you don’t off-road often or hardcore, it might still be a good idea to help protect your paint. I’m gonna be doing this right away.
I second the grab handles as they also make a nice place to hang your arm when the doors are off.

Could you post a link or pic of the piping you used? I've gotten plenty of crap in that crack from off roading.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
As far as when you get the Jeep home?

First thing I did was disable the seat belt chime. Then I installed the M.O.R.E. dead pedal to try and prevent cramps in the left leg. Mopar step rails so the wife would ride. Then LED headlight bulbs so I could actually see the pavement at night.

Post pics!

photowiz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
newspaper and outdoor photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,
Got a new JL Sahara "in transit," and I was wondering what your thoughts were on for first mods for a daily driver. I cruised the threads and didn't see anything on this specifically. So not really off-road upgrades, more just convenience stuff for daily driving, topless fun, and 20% light off-roading.

I am NOT planning on doing a lift, upgrading tires, swapping bumpers, etc as the off-roading I'll be doing this summer in KY will mostly be forest trails at Dirty Turtle, and I'm gunna keep it low-key as I get the hang of it.

I already optioned LED lights, cold weather group, proximity locks, mopar mats, and dual top, and my first purchases so far as I wait for the Jeep to arrive are new antenna, screen protector, tubing for the fender crevasses, and some hardware to build a hardtop hoist.

I'm coming from a 10 year old car, so even though Jeeps are pretty limited with typical features, it's still going to feel like a huge upgrade for me, and I'm really looking forward to having a 4wd convertible. I was just wondering if there were other must-have mods and hacks I should get right off that bat. Every website, video, and post about mods are almost all about lifts, tires, springs, etc.

Thanks for your help! I'll be sure to wave!
This. Is. AWESOME! Installed in 10 minutes. Great for camping and really lights up well. I didn't tap into the Wrangler wiring. I just used the 12 volt accessory plug. https://www.amazon.com/Yoursme-Wran...t&qid=1556045306&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
As far as when you get the Jeep home?

First thing I did was disable the seat belt chime. Then I installed the M.O.R.E. dead pedal to try and prevent cramps in the left leg. Mopar step rails so the wife would ride. Then LED headlight bulbs so I could actually see the pavement at night.

Post pics!
How did you disable that chime?!?!?!

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
- dead pedal (Seven Sparta on Amazon is fine)
- Spiderweb shade
- CMM mirror setup for doorless days (with lock nuts)
- Tuffy Security Deck
- Lange hoist-a-top
- Boomerang tire cover with camera hole
- Grab handles
- Mopar floor mats for front, back, cargo

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Thanks everyone. What a great community. I really appreciate that I can get advice beyond “get a pair of 37s!” lol
I'm new to the community too, and it has been nothing but great. Everyone is very helpful, whether you're a veteran or not. My first mods were mostly cosmetic, with Grateful Dead stickers and a stubby antenna. But I did grab an emergency cover. It won't help if you're driving when it's topless. But we will be at a lot of youth baseball tournaments, and I wanted something just in case of pop-up storms during the day.

And if you plan on taking the doors off, you'll probably want some removable side mirrors to stay legal.

OhReally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hellayella JLUS, Honda Odyssey
You use case sounds a lot like mine. So far, I added antenna, door sill guards, screen protector, and a lift since I went with dual tops as well.
Hey guys,
Got a new JL Sahara "in transit," and I was wondering what your thoughts were on for first mods for a daily driver. I cruised the threads and didn't see anything on this specifically. So not really off-road upgrades, more just convenience stuff for daily driving, topless fun, and 20% light off-roading.

I am NOT planning on doing a lift, upgrading tires, swapping bumpers, etc as the off-roading I'll be doing this summer in KY will mostly be forest trails at Dirty Turtle, and I'm gunna keep it low-key as I get the hang of it.

I already optioned LED lights, cold weather group, proximity locks, mopar mats, and dual top, and my first purchases so far as I wait for the Jeep to arrive are new antenna, screen protector, tubing for the fender crevasses, and some hardware to build a hardtop hoist.

I'm coming from a 10 year old car, so even though Jeeps are pretty limited with typical features, it's still going to feel like a huge upgrade for me, and I'm really looking forward to having a 4wd convertible. I was just wondering if there were other must-have mods and hacks I should get right off that bat. Every website, video, and post about mods are almost all about lifts, tires, springs, etc.

Thanks for your help! I'll be sure to wave!
So far, I added antenna, door sill guards, screen protector, and a lift since I went with dual tops as well.

Have you been to Dirty Turtle yet? That is the closest place to me and I still haven't been there.

OP
OP
LakesideRecluse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
Vehicle Showcase
You use case sounds a lot like mine. So far, I added antenna, door sill guards, screen protector, and a lift since I went with dual tops as well.

So far, I added antenna, door sill guards, screen protector, and a lift since I went with dual tops as well.

Have you been to Dirty Turtle yet? That is the closest place to me and I still haven't been there.
I haven't. Anxious to check it out!