Sponsored

Qualify of Life Mods for Daily Driver (Sahara)

Instarand

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Here’s what I did for my JLUS daily:
(1) get rid of the metal whip antenna, replace with a short black rubber one.
(2) get rear roof sun shade for kid in back car seat
(3) rubi wheels.
(4) rubber floor mats front and back, including cargo area.
(5) bottle of high quality paint sealant, apply once a quarter.
(6) hard top hoist, installed in garage.
(7) car seat protection cover for leather seats.
(8) supercharger kit. Ok I didn’t do this but I dream.
Sponsored

okie dokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
You can save that "throw some 37s on it" $ for your fuel budget.
I've had my Sahara for exactly a month today and have 2200 miles on it! Its just too fun to drive :)

All the ideas so far are great. Most of my upgrades have been aesthetic and I am fine with taking it slow as budget & time allows.

Enjoy and keep us posted!

gmangsxr750

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU (Freedom Edition), 2008 Mazda Tribute
Occupation
Web Application Developer
Remove the springs from the headrests on the rear seats so they will stay down. This way you have better visibility out the rear when driving.

You have to manually put them up if you have rear passengers but in a Jeep, you may not have adults in the back too much, so better to have them down more often then up.

Nations

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Granite Crystal Metallic Rubicon XR
Occupation
IT
This!

Vehicle OCD - Center Console Organizer for Jeep Wrangler JL and JLU (2018-19) - Made in USA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NB499FP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_WznVCbJQW0N06

6D9FBD85-CF02-4B8C-AB63-71C35DC5CD44.jpeg
Just installed mine yesterday and it is perfect. I also picked up center console organizer "tray" which sits perfectly on top of this...now I don't have enough "sh&t" to put in all this storage...highly recommend.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NBWG688/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Sunshade is awesome, I went with Rugged Ridge one, many other companies to choose from, from plain jane black, to custom colors and prints, but I am happy with the RR one, it was only $69 for full shade, few gripes when I first got it, not enough to care, and I figured it out.

Matte Black hood decal, I like sitting high, the glare off the hood was crazy.

Locking gas cap, or even just the non locking one
Locking hood latches
I don't have either, because I don't even lock my doors, but good if you live somewhere people are syphoning gas or stealing shit from engine bays lol

Bartact seat covers

ohh yeah, and 37s lol...JK, don't do that

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Remove the springs from the headrests on the rear seats so they will stay down. This way you have better visibility out the rear when driving.

You have to manually put them up if you have rear passengers but in a Jeep, you may not have adults in the back too much, so better to have them down more often then up.
I'm confused, my headrests stay down once released, what is the spring you are removing?

Gatorskin

First Name
Conti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara, KJ & MINI Countryman S
I have 2018 Sahara JLU that I use as a daily driver in the Atlanta area and here are the simple mods that I did for a better experience.

1) Added a M.O.R.E. dead pedal for resting the left foot on longer commutes.
2) Removed the plastic running boards and replaced them with Rubicon Rock Rails to make it easier to get in and out of and they just look better.
3) Painted the silver trim on the grill and bumper to match the body color paint and to me it just looks better than silver. Black paint would give a great look as well.
4) Grab handles for front passengers to rest arms/elbows while the windows are down.

That's is plain and simple. Enjoy your new ride!

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
I have ceramic window tint installed on every vehicle I own. Keeps the interior cooler, provides privacy, and looks great. It's a must-have with leather interior.

Sponsored

EB12

First Name
Elvir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I put one of those flat black decals on my hood that helped with the glare from the sun. When i drive to work and back home the sun is just rising/setting so you get a pretty bright reflection off your hood.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Thanks everyone. What a great community. I really appreciate that I can get advice beyond “get a pair of 37s!” lol
Your Jeep would be a little wonky looking with only a pair of 37s. I’d suggest at least two pair :facepalm:

Hwpx12

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Thank you. I hadn't thought about tinting, so I'll look into that. If the top's off, though, does it really help keep the heat down? I did order some piping for the fenders. Here's a great video about it for anyone curious

Hwpx12

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Please tell me a part number for this. I can't seem to find this exact size your showing in the video.. tks

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
My Sahara is also my daily driver. Here is my short list in no particular order:

1. Phone mount from 67 Designs (budget option: DIY with RAM Tough Track + RAM ball & arm + 67 Designs DAM adapter and phone mount)
  2. 3-foot coiled USB charger cable for phone (It’s only 3-feet long if you stretched it out. It’s very short when compressed, and keeps cord away from shifter)
  3. Dirt Bagz underseat storage bags for backseat of JK (fit perfectly in JL).
  4. XG Cargo Gama bags (I don’t think they’re compatible with soft top though)
  5. Mopar gas cap cover (the Sahara looks unfinished without this)
  6. AntennaX black replacement antenna (they come in various sizes. Longer size = better reception, better suited for pavement. Shorter size = looks cooler, better suited for off-road)
  7. Mopar all-weather mats
  8. Alien Sunshade: In NH, I don’t worry about the sun too much (we see it a couple times a year!), but in KY, I’d probably opt for one,
Enjoy!

Last edited:

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Thanks everyone. What a great community. I really appreciate that I can get advice beyond “get a pair of 37s!” lol
A pair of 37s would really suck. Especially in 4wd.
Sponsored