Sponsored

Quake LED Taillight (QTE1026) for JL Wrangler...Start Up Animation... Sequential Turn Signal...Plug'n'Play...No Dash Errors!

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Sweat Shop Manger, Slum Lord and Break Dancer
We are very excited to introduce our new JL Wrangler taillights to the market! These DOT/SAE compliant taillights are different than everything else available in the industry due to their wicked start up animation, optional sequential turn signal, and neat mirrored effect when they are operating. These taillights are significantly brighter than the factory options making you safer and more visible on the road, but they also look a whole lot better as well. Check out our video and links below to see these taillights in action and to learn more!

***These lights have two operating modes: a “standard” plug and play mode that allows them to be plugged in right out of the box and function like the factory taillight, and a “light hacker mode” that enables a sequential amber turn signal that moves in the direction you are turning.***

Like all of Quake LED’s products these taillights are fully plug and play and will cause no hyper flash or dash errors! These taillights are designed to work with ALL models of the Jeep Wrangler JL (Sport, Sahara, and Rubicon), and even work with Jeeps outfitted with the blind spot monitoring system!

Purchase from Quadratec, Northridge 4x4, Meyer, & Keystone

Or buy here: https://www.quakeled.com/product/jeep-wrangler-jl-sequential-led-tail-lights

Jeep Wrangler JL Quake LED Taillight (QTE1026) for JL Wrangler...Start Up Animation... Sequential Turn Signal...Plug'n'Play...No Dash Errors! JL Sequential

Jeep Wrangler JL Quake LED Taillight (QTE1026) for JL Wrangler...Start Up Animation... Sequential Turn Signal...Plug'n'Play...No Dash Errors! JL Sequential 3

Jeep Wrangler JL Quake LED Taillight (QTE1026) for JL Wrangler...Start Up Animation... Sequential Turn Signal...Plug'n'Play...No Dash Errors! Jl Sequential 2

Jeep Wrangler JL Quake LED Taillight (QTE1026) for JL Wrangler...Start Up Animation... Sequential Turn Signal...Plug'n'Play...No Dash Errors! JL sequential 4
Sponsored

Last edited:

ebelp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (bright white)
Vehicle Showcase
Might want to revise that promo video with “brake” instead of “break”.

Memphis Peej

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Acura TSX, 2019 Moab!!!
What do yo have to do to enable hacker mode?

Will you have an instal video as well?

Sponsored

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
UK?

so we would need the light hacker mode to be good for UK as this gives us the amber turn signals.

seems a bit complex to wire in for this mode, surprised it couldn't just be a simple selector on the unit itself? why the extra wiring?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
UK?

so we would need the light hacker mode to be good for UK as this gives us the amber turn signals.

seems a bit complex to wire in for this mode, surprised it couldn't just be a simple selector on the unit itself? why the extra wiring?
Howi,

If you have a European Jeep, they have designated amber turn signal circuits that are more than just flashing the brake light, so "light hacker" mode would actually be plug and play for you after reconfiguring the wires on the back of the taillight (we could help walk you through this).

In the US vehicles are not required to have amber turn signals, so there is no dedicated circuit for the blinker on Jeep (it is stupid, I know). This is why we have to steal the turn signal circuit from the front. If not it would look like the hazards were on every time you hit the brakes.

I hope this makes sense, and just let us know if you have any other questions!

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
What do yo have to do to enable hacker mode?

Will you have an instal video as well?
Install video is up on our Youtube page and is the second post down in this forum thread.

It only requires stealing the turn signal circuit from the front and tapping the third brake light on the rear for the brakes. We us harness adapters that makes this plug and play so there is no splicing. It does require a little bit of extra work, but isn't that bad. Plus, J.E.E.P. means ---> just enjoy every project, am I right?

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Might want to revise that promo video with “brake” instead of “break”.
:facepalm: Oh goodness..

can you give us a break, just this once lol

*video has been updated

Last edited:

Howi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2019
Howi,

If you have a European Jeep, they have designated amber turn signal circuits that are more than just flashing the brake light, so "light hacker" mode would actually be plug and play for you after reconfiguring the wires on the back of the taillight (we could help walk you through this).

In the US vehicles are not required to have amber turn signals, so there is no dedicated circuit for the blinker on Jeep (it is stupid, I know). This is why we have to steal the turn signal circuit from the front. If not it would look like the hazards were on every time you hit the brakes.

I hope this makes sense, and just let us know if you have any other questions!
right makes sense now ! Thank you

Sponsored

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Are the reverse lights any brighter than the stock LED's?
The reverse lights on these taillights are slightly brighter than the factory LED's, but it is not a night and day difference in terms of overall output. Here are a few picks:

JL reverse 3.jpg

JL reverse2.jpg

Pruitts

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sahara JL
I bought a set like these from VLAND on Amazon which appear to be identical in functionality. They do not have the blind spot warning detection however. I did have issue with the animation coming on and not going off. I talked to the manufacturer. They provided me a refund and have a new version that is supposed to hit Amazon in the next couple weeks that takes care of that problem. I absolutely loved these taillights and am anxiously awaiting the new versions. The price point is very attractive.

https://www.amazon.com/VLAND-lights...d+wrangler+brake+lights&qid=1589828951&sr=8-1

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
I bought a set like these from VLAND on Amazon which appear to be identical in functionality. They do not have the blind spot warning detection however. I did have issue with the animation coming on and not going off. I talked to the manufacturer. They provided me a refund and have a new version that is supposed to hit Amazon in the next couple weeks that takes care of that problem. I absolutely loved these taillights and am anxiously awaiting the new versions. The price point is very attractive.

https://www.amazon.com/VLAND-lights...d+wrangler+brake+lights&qid=1589828951&sr=8-1
Pruitts,

Thanks for the share!

A few things to mention:

While these lights might look identical, they are quite different. It is very common practice for companies, like this one above, to steal existing molds and designs in the industry and mass produce them with poor quality components that do not function or hold up to use over time.

This taillight above, as mentioned, does not have the additional harness for the blind spot monitor, even though their photos show our version that does incorporate that feature.

We included the optional "light-hacker" wiring for the sequential turn signal, a big safety feature that they have not figured out, as the top comments show, "will not work with American jeeps."

Ours don't have issues with the start up animation (they must not have figured that part out either) and we are shipping today, no two week wait time.

We understand more than anyone that these very affordable products look the same to someone that doesn't know the difference, but that is not the case in reality.

With that said, we would never wish anything bad upon any product that you choose to go with, and in fact wish you luck with the new set they will HOPEFULLY deliver in the next couple weeks, as we agree that we have succeeded in making a very cool taillight!
Sponsored