Sponsored

Quake LED Switch System QUIC798 Lighting/ 12v Accessory Controller...The Ultimate Headache Saver!

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Hate running wires through the firewall, buying fuses and relays, or drilling holes in your dash? Stop spending money on expensive wire harness that are a pain to install and get your hands on one of Quake LED’s new lighting controllers while supplies lasts! This patent pending universal controller is the ultimate installation headache saver because it eliminates the need to run any wires through the firewall of your vehicle! Just connect the controller to your battery and then tie your lights or other accessories straight to the module and operate them with a remote control. Not only will it eliminate the need to pass wires through the firewall but the remote control will allow you to turn on and off your accessories while remaining outside of the vehicle providing extra functionality. The controller is rated for 60amps and should be the perfect accessory switch solution to most builds. It retails at only $99.98 making it one of the most affordable switch systems in the market and is the go to solution for anyone adding even just a couple of accessories to their vehicle.

Get yours from Quadratec, Northridge 4x4, Meyer, Keystone

Or Buy here: https://www.quakeled.com/product/universal-60a-8-led-light-controller to get your hands on one today!
Looks good but have a question...

If someone else nearby has the same unit, what are the chances of their remote getting picked up by my vehicle? Like is there a set number of frequency channels (assuming it's radio)?

How secure is it in this sense because I can imagine quite a bit of trouble if devices turn on or off without my control.

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Sweat Shop Manger, Slum Lord and Break Dancer
Looks good but have a question...

If someone else nearby has the same unit, what are the chances of their remote getting picked up by my vehicle? Like is there a set number of frequency channels (assuming it's radio)?

How secure is it in this sense because I can imagine quite a bit of trouble if devices turn on or off without my control.

Thanks
Rubileon,

The chances of that happening are virtually nonexistent. Each box has it's own unique code that the remote pairs to so that multiple units can be used in close proximity to each other. The box is protected against other radio frequency signals as well... Your neighbors garage door opener will never turn on your accessories either lol!

We know it would suck to come out to a dead battery and worked around the issue in development.

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Sounds great! Thanks. BTW...are these constant power?
Correct, all of these ports are on and off constant power as there is no momentary functionality. In order for us to offer it at this price point we had to keep it as simple as possible, which also helps because there are less things to go wrong!

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Rubileon,

The chances of that happening are virtually nonexistent. Each box has it's own unique code that the remote pairs to so that multiple units can be used in close proximity to each other. The box is protected against other radio frequency signals as well... Your neighbors garage door opener will never turn on your accessories either lol!

We know it would suck to come out to a dead battery and worked around the issue in development.
Hi Quake LED,

Thanks for the reply. Does this mean there's a 1/10 chance or 1/10000 or better? And if interference does occur consistently for some reason, can we adjust the channel?

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Hi Quake LED,

Thanks for the reply. Does this mean there's a 1/10 chance or 1/10000 or better? And if interference does occur consistently for some reason, can we adjust the channel?
No problem, happy to help! As far as I am aware there has never been anyone that has had there accessories triggered by something other than the remote paired to the box, so 1/10000 and better odds are safe to assume. The channel cannot be adjusted yourself (there's never been a need).

Hopefully it will give you peace of mind knowing that If you ever experience any issues we have great customer service and will make sure that you get taken care of, but I can say with utmost certainty that you shouldn't have any issues!

Sponsored

supamyk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xE
Correct, all of these ports are on and off constant power as there is no momentary functionality. In order for us to offer it at this price point we had to keep it as simple as possible, which also helps because there are less things to go wrong!
I'm sorry, i meant are they powered all the time even when the jeep is off?

Mitdrx

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I installed mine today. So far so good. Easily the most cost-effective way to install lights without running switches.

Sponsored

wcjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ with stuff. JL 2dr Sport
I cobbled together something like this a few years ago. This would have simplified everything. I keep my remote handy when camping. If I hear anything I use the Jeep rock lights to light up the area.

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
I'm sorry, i meant are they powered all the time even when the jeep is off?
I'm sorry I misunderstood initially. You can turn on your lights when the vehicle is off since it is connected directly to the battery, but with all the ports "off" it does not pull constant power and will not leave you stranded with a dead battery.

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
I installed mine today. So far so good. Easily the most cost-effective way to install lights without running switches.
Awesome! Thank you for your support and we are glad that you are enjoying your new switch system! Reach out if you ever need anything else and stay safe out there!

cosmec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2015 Subaru WRX, 2012 JK-Previously
Build Thread
Link
This is exactly what I’m looking for. Now to order one and a light bar

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
This is exactly what I’m looking for. Now to order one and a light bar
Glad you came across our post! This product is really such a great headache saver when it comes to wiring! If you haven't ordered yet call the office at 720 305 8979 and say you are with the forums and we will get you all taken care of!
Sponsored