Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
what's the difference between these and those offered by American Adventure Labs? They both seem very similar but was wondering what makes these stand out?

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Sweat Shop Manger, Slum Lord and Break Dancer
what's the difference between these and those offered by American Adventure Labs? They both seem very similar but was wondering what makes these stand out?
@Chile1 ,

Thanks for reaching out!

I can't speak directly to AAL's version as we haven't personally run their product (and I won't bother you with anecdotal stories from our customers that made the switch), but our chop kit is one of our most popular products and we are constantly refining it to make it better. There are lots of fender light options in the industry and here are several things we think are worth noting when comparing any fender light option to one another:

• Functionality:
    • Our light is plug and play for all models of Jeep wranglers and is GAURENTEED to not have any dash errors out of the box. There are no other components or upcharges to make it work with your vehicle.
    • We included the amber side marker on the light, which keeps it DOT/SAE compliant and makes it legal in all 50 states
  • Quality of materials: We are sourcing the highest quality materials and components for this light and have used our knowledge gained through building other lights to make this product as premium as possible.
    • The lens molded with high quality plastics that will not yellow after only a year of use as found with cheaper 3D-printed plastics.
    • 50,000 hour lifetime. When we say that we mean that.
    • IP67
  • Options:
    • We have several different styles (Standard, Smoked, and RGB) available for every single trim level Wrangler (SPORT Models included) and even have another "hidden" product for Rubicon and Mojave models (check out QTE991).
  • Product Support:
    • We are not perfect and know that every now and then s**% happens, so when it does we are willing to admit it and are phenomenal to work with. Hopefully we never need to have that conversation in the first place given the amount of time that we put into making this an awesome product, but just know that you can have peace of mind after purchasing if something does go wrong.
I hope that this helps aid you in making the right decision on lighting for your jeep, but please let me know if you have any other specific questions about Quake LED, what we stand for, or our products and I will get back ASAP.

BeeLDub

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2019 Cherokee Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
@Chile1 ,

Thanks for reaching out!

I can't speak directly to AAL's version as we haven't personally run their product (and I won't bother you with anecdotal stories from our customers that made the switch), but our chop kit is one of our most popular products and we are constantly refining it to make it better. There are lots of fender light options in the industry and here are several things we think are worth noting when comparing any fender light option to one another:

• Functionality:
    • Our light is plug and play for all models of Jeep wranglers and is GAURENTEED to not have any dash errors out of the box. There are no other components or upcharges to make it work with your vehicle.
    • We included the amber side marker on the light, which keeps it DOT/SAE compliant and makes it legal in all 50 states
  • Quality of materials: We are sourcing the highest quality materials and components for this light and have used our knowledge gained through building other lights to make this product as premium as possible.
    • The lens molded with high quality plastics that will not yellow after only a year of use as found with cheaper 3D-printed plastics.
    • 50,000 hour lifetime. When we say that we mean that.
    • IP67
  • Options:
    • We have several different styles (Standard, Smoked, and RGB) available for every single trim level Wrangler (SPORT Models included) and even have another "hidden" product for Rubicon and Mojave models (check out QTE991).
  • Product Support:
    • We are not perfect and know that every now and then s**% happens, so when it does we are willing to admit it and are phenomenal to work with. Hopefully we never need to have that conversation in the first place given the amount of time that we put into making this an awesome product, but just know that you can have peace of mind after purchasing if something does go wrong.
I hope that this helps aid you in making the right decision on lighting for your jeep, but please let me know if you have any other specific questions about Quake LED, what we stand for, or our products and I will get back ASAP.
Well, this post has me leaning Quake, that's for sure. But how about some pics on Sport Fenders?

Last edited:

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
  • Options:
I like that Rubicon option! I wish it wasn't 6k, that customer photo makes them look really blue compared to normal headlight LED temps.

Sponsored

keg392

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR 392 XR
Does anyone know if you can keep the Xtreme Recon fender flare extensions that come with the Xtreme Recon package if you install a chop kit like this?

I know the front plastic housing is eliminated, but it looks like the outer ABS trim (therefore extensions) probably need to be removed permanently also?

Can someone confirm? - I think those flare extensions look kinda cool and would like to keep them if possible. @Quake LED

Sdchrisc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jl sahara
Any one else have this issue with the quake led's. Turn signal doesnt work properly unless headlights are turned on.. I like to leave my headlight on auto but now its a safety hazard changing lanes in the day time unless i turn on the headlight but its a bother having to remember to turn them off now when i exit the vehicle.. both right and left are only working properly with headlights turned to on position.. Quake is this normal?

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Any one else have this issue with the quake led's. Turn signal doesnt work properly unless headlights are turned on.. I like to leave my headlight on auto but now its a safety hazard changing lanes in the day time unless i turn on the headlight but its a bother having to remember to turn them off now when i exit the vehicle.. both right and left are only working properly with headlights turned to on position.. Quake is this normal?

@Sdchrisc,

No, this is not normal!

We apologize that you are experiencing these issues, but we will get you taken care of ASAP!

Please reach out to the office directly at 720 305 8979 sometime between 9am-5pm MST, and we will get all of your issues sorted out.

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep

How did this get sorted out?

Any thoughts on these in general?

Airballs

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Im new to the jeep world but love these. So you just remove the bottom part of fender to attach these leds and not get a whole new fender, correct? Thanks

Sponsored

Sdchrisc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jl sahara
How did this get sorted out?

Any thoughts on these in general?
Last spoke with Alex Henry at quake feb 1st and it was suppose to be warrentied out since its obviosly defective. Filled out the form he asked for and he said that everythings good and he would get it put in. Sent a email earlier this week and no response. Ill try calling again to see whats going on but last resort imma have to try disputing the charge. Didnt expect it to be such a hassle. Ill post an update on the resolution if there is one. @Quake LED any recommendations?

Sdchrisc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep jl sahara
Last spoke with Alex Henry at quake feb 1st and it was suppose to be warrentied out since its obviosly defective. Filled out the form he asked for and he said that everythings good and he would get it put in. Sent a email earlier this week and no response. Ill try calling again to see whats going on but last resort imma have to try disputing the charge. Didnt expect it to be such a hassle. Ill post an update on the resolution if there is one. @Quake LED any recommendations?
Just a follow up.. I was taken care of by a nice lady named Karin. Not sure what happend to the RMA I sent beginning of feb but I resent everything to her and she got it all taken care of.. she called me 2 days later to follow up and to tell me a replacemnt has been sent out. @Quake LED Karin was wonderful to work with and very patient staying on the phone with me while I sent the forms she asked for to confirm it was received on her end. She a Great employee!

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
@Sdchrisc,

I am glad to hear that we finally got you taken care of and appreciate your patience in the matter!

We do as much as we can to get every customer issue addressed in a timely manner, but sometimes things do get lost in the shuffle. Thank you for understanding and I am hoping that everything is good with the new chop kit we sent.

I will pass on the kind words to Karina, and make sure we keep her around!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Im new to the jeep world but love these. So you just remove the bottom part of fender to attach these leds and not get a whole new fender, correct? Thanks
@Airballs ,

You are correct, as you do not need to order a new fender with this product. Just be certain to order the model that is compatible with your trim level of Wrangler as there are differences between, sport, sahara, and rubicon models.

Essentially the lower plastic is removeable, which loses the inner fender and creates more room for larger tires with less lift, but you can also install the product without fully separating the fender by making a very small cut to only remove the lower plastic piece that is below factory light. Doing it this way maintains the plastic riveted section that goes down and along the factory fender and the inner liner.

Let me know if you have any more questions and I will get back ASAP!