Sponsored

Bigmouthape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
I’m struggling between this and the rugged ridge version, question for you @Quake LED ,
1. Can I keep the fender liner when installing these?
2. Is there a function to turn off the sequential function? I prefer just the regular blinking better.
Thanks
Sponsored

pittperson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I’m struggling between this and the rugged ridge version, question for you @Quake LED ,
2. Is there a function to turn off the sequential function? I prefer just the regular blinking better.
Thanks
I just installed these yesterday. You cannot reinstall the fender liner. everything below the DRLs gets ripped off and thrown in the trash, and that is what holds the outer part of the liner in place. You might be able to ghetto-rig it back into place, but I'd plan on buying aftermarket liners.

The bluetooth controlled ones might have control over the sequential function, but I have the plain Jane non RGB set.

Also, the install instructions are way too wordy. The install boils down to:

1. remove fender liner
2. remove fender
3. remove lights
4. break the 39 plastic welds
5. reinstall fender.
6. mount lights

The first one took an hour+. Once I knew what I was getting into the second one took about 20min.

PS. Just buy 20+ of these: https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-clip-w-type~68395634aa.html. They are too cheap and invaluable to not have more than you may need.

Overall, I'm happy with the way they turned out.

Jeep Wrangler JL Quake LED Releases New Jeep Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Slim Smoked DRL Fender Chop Kit For ALL Wrangler Trim Levels! IMG_6539.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Quake LED Releases New Jeep Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Slim Smoked DRL Fender Chop Kit For ALL Wrangler Trim Levels! IMG_6540.JPG

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
Anybody had these for a while now? How is the yellowing? Both my sets of AAL sets have yellowed pretty badly over time. Thinking of switching to the quake

Bigmouthape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon
I just installed these yesterday. You cannot reinstall the fender liner. everything below the DRLs gets ripped off and thrown in the trash, and that is what holds the outer part of the liner in place. You might be able to ghetto-rig it back into place, but I'd plan on buying aftermarket liners.

The bluetooth controlled ones might have control over the sequential function, but I have the plain Jane non RGB set.

Also, the install instructions are way too wordy. The install boils down to:

1. remove fender liner
2. remove fender
3. remove lights
4. break the 39 plastic welds
5. reinstall fender.
6. mount lights

The first one took an hour+. Once I knew what I was getting into the second one took about 20min.

PS. Just buy 20+ of these: https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-clip-w-type~68395634aa.html. They are too cheap and invaluable to not have more than you may need.

Overall, I'm happy with the way they turned out.

Jeep Wrangler JL Quake LED Releases New Jeep Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Slim Smoked DRL Fender Chop Kit For ALL Wrangler Trim Levels! IMG_6540.JPG

Thanks for the info, looks like RGB version has the potential. I might reach out to the CS directly

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Sweat Shop Manger, Slum Lord and Break Dancer
Thanks
@Bigmouthape ,

Thanks for reaching out and here is probably too long of an answer to your questions:

1) Long story short, YES you can keep the factory inners with this product as there are technically two ways to install a chop kit that are explained below:

It was initially designed to "fully chop" the fender. Popular for the serious wheeling community was the trend of separating the two pieces of the JL/ JT's fenders to create more room for larger tires articulating with less lift. When you fully chop the fenders you cannot keep the factory inner fender liners as there isn't a good way to secure them back to the vehicle. You also have to trim the tabs that hold the two pieces together off of the actual fender, but these tabs are the only cutting involved when going this route.

After people saw the product people really wanted the "chopped" look but didn't want to have to purchase inner fenders or lose the factory looking riveted section down the fender. This gave the inspiration to install them as such-- It is really easy to do this way and you only make one small cut on the side of the fender to remove the larger plastic section that is normally below the factory fender light. I have attached photos below so that you can easily picture this. There are examples of several different ways our customers made this side cut, but the general rule of thumb is that you can always remove more material but it is nearly impossible to add material back :)

2) This product is only sequential and cannot be programed to steady blink. Reading ahead I see that you would maybe want the RGB one to function for the blinker. This could be rigged to function that way, but you would lose some features and the RGB strip isn't quite as bright as the amber diodes that override the RGB strip for the blinker. We do offer a kit that has a steady blink instead of a sequential turn signal and that is linked and pictured in the first image below, although keep in mind it is Rubicon only at the moment.

Jeep Wrangler JL/Gladiator 9.5 x 1.5 Inch Fender Chop Kit w/ DRL Switchback Turn Signal & Side Marker Light (quakeled.com)

chop-jpeg.jpg

5833d8a8-828b-47c1-9141-d792b484323e-jpeg.jpg

img_0698-jpg.jpg

20210103_141951-1-jpg.jpg

Sponsored

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Are there any videos showing the difference in brightness between the smoked ones and clear? Is either less blue? The blueness comments are my only hesitation. I'd love to see how close they are to the factory LEDs.

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Are there any videos showing the difference in brightness between the smoked ones and clear? Is either less blue? The blueness comments are my only hesitation. I'd love to see how close they are to the factory LEDs.
@Scott2.0 ,

I took some photos and filmed a video so you can see the side-by-side comparison of the two different chop kits. The video file was way too large to upload here, so I have copied a link to a shared google album that will allow you to take a look.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JcwZRKMfBp7rqaAt5

DexterJeeper

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU Rubicon X, 19 JLU Rubicon, 23 JL392XR
Vehicle Showcase
Finally pulled the trigger and switched after 3 failed sets of lights from another company. Just installed the smoked ones over the past weekend and you can definitely feel and see the quality difference. I'm hoping this is the last time I have to mess with my fender lights! :fingerscrossed:

Jeep Wrangler JL Quake LED Releases New Jeep Wrangler JL/Gladiator JT Slim Smoked DRL Fender Chop Kit For ALL Wrangler Trim Levels! PXL_20220819_204503886.PORTRAIT~2

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
@Scott2.0 ,

I took some photos and filmed a video so you can see the side-by-side comparison of the two different chop kits. The video file was way too large to upload here, so I have copied a link to a shared google album that will allow you to take a look.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JcwZRKMfBp7rqaAt5
Thanks! I really was leaning smoked but they look way bluer and dimmer. Sort of a bummer but good to see the difference.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Thanks! I really was leaning smoked but they look way bluer and dimmer. Sort of a bummer but good to see the difference.
No problem! It is really tough to photograph lights, so I hope you get the opportunity to see them in person with your own eye before being too bummed, but luckily the standard non smoked lights are also kick a** too 😎

Scott2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
No problem! It is really tough to photograph lights, so I hope you get the opportunity to see them in person with your own eye before being too bummed, but luckily the standard non smoked lights are also kick a** too 😎
Is the smoked set noticeably dimmer in person?

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Is the smoked set noticeably dimmer in person?
It is a little dimmer as it shines through the smoked lens, but it really just mutes the light seepage top to bottom (why the light portion looks skinnier in the video).

The main difference is going to be the aesthetics when the vehicle is off. One is not better than the other, but based on your initial reaction if I were to recommend one I would steer you towards the standard one :)

Tanknando

First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I realize that you are probably not a customer for this particular product, which is completely fine as everyone has an opinion, and neither is right or wrong, but for those that might have the same thought about the hole:

You DO NOT have to drill into your fender to secure the end. We use an oversized backing tab that follows the contour of the fender so that you can use and adhesive if you prefer that over the bolt. The tab has plenty of surface area, and when combined with a proper adhesive it would be very tough to ever separate again.
Happen to have a link where I can purchase these backing tabs?

OP
OP
Quake LED

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Happen to have a link where I can purchase these backing tabs?
The "backing tab" referenced is not a separate piece, but rather the tab that has the hole for the bolt if you drill through the fender. Instead of just doing a little loop to hold a bolt we used more material so that way you can use adhesive on the metal mating this tab with the inner edge of the fender.

Have you tried this? I usually use 2 layers of 3m double sided adhesive (linked below), and it holds it very secure, but I have also heard other customers having luck with different silicones and epoxies.

Amazon.com: 3M Super-Strength Molding Tape, 03614, 1/2 in x 15 ft, 1 Roll : Automotive
Sponsored