Sponsored

Quake LED releases Jeep JL Plug & Play DRL Halo Switchback Turn Signal Headlights & Fog Lights

danelizer

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Business Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The LED headlights and fog lights are putting a lot of RF interference on FM. Both on my factory broadcast radio and my Ham radio. All interference is on FM frequencies. The fog lights are the worse. They completely cover up the signal where you can no longer hear it. Turn off the fog lights and the signal is crystal clear. I have installed ferrite coils on all lights including the factory LED tail lights and they have not helped much at all.
I'm going to keep working on the problem but may revert back to halogens if I can not fix it. Communications is more important to me. I can get by with halogens.
Sponsored

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

Robertrinaustin

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18` JLUSS, Outback
Are the halos always on/DRL or just when you have turn signal on? Sport models don't have the DRL lights normally...
Haven't hooked up mine, but they are supposed to be always on.

Sponsored

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Are the halos always on/DRL or just when you have turn signal on? Sport models don't have the DRL lights normally...
The halos are run by the Bluetooth controller via the connectors that go to each light so you have them on when you want... the turn halo works when you use your signals based on how you wired the blue and yellow wires.

tonyg30

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
DCBlake can you explain a little more? Wasn't aware you could change the wiring config to have DRL on these. My halos, installed per instructions, come on when the lights are on but not any other time.
Would love to have them on all the time. thanks

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
DCBlake can you explain a little more? Wasn't aware you could change the wiring config to have DRL on these. My halos, installed per instructions, come on when the lights are on but not any other time.
Would love to have them on all the time. thanks
I have included the scanned instructions for the Quake Halo you would receive upon delivery of the lights and an added document to help explain how the Halo lights can stay on when starting the Jeep... Please let me know if you need further details...

Attachments

Last edited:

eightamrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I have included the scanned instructions for the Quake Halo you would receive upon delivery of the lights and an added document to help explain how the Halo lights can stay on when starting the Jeep... Please let me know if you need further details...
Do I need to install the controller or can I just plug into the factory connector? Im only interested in getting the white halo and LED headlights. Not interested in lighting effects or turn signaling.

RRRENEGADE

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL LJ TJ CJ YJ WILLYS
Do I need to install the controller or can I just plug into the factory connector? Im only interested in getting the white halo and LED headlights. Not interested in lighting effects or turn signaling.
Quake also make a white plug and play halo option with no RGB colors for a couple hundred less!

961 White _Amber Halo.jpg

Sponsored

eightamrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Quake also make a white plug and play halo option with no RGB colors for a couple hundred less!

This is great. I just saw these on the site, but was not sure if they were in fact the plug and play versions without RGB. Thanks for confirming. Looks like the factory mopar lights wont be available for a while still and these arent a terrible option for the price. Thanks!

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

Rob.. Can you show how those connections are made for people in this forum as i think the question is how these work differently from the RGB halo's and do these use the factory connectors or some other connector supplied by Quake...

RRRENEGADE

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL LJ TJ CJ YJ WILLYS
Rob.. Can you show how those connections are made for people in this forum as i think the question is how these work differently from the RGB halo's and do these use the factory connectors or some other connector supplied by Quake...
I will get pictures when I get back in the office. Quake Manufactures an inline plug that goes in between the six prong flat fender harness on the upper rear of each fender. So no need to try and find the correct wires to tap into. The JL is very finicky in its electrical throwing codes whenever it sees something that is wrong or shouldn't be there. Our engineers are hard at work designing one to work with our other RGB headlights and should have plug and play for them shortly. Thank You Blake!

limeyinusa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Sport
The LED headlights and fog lights are putting a lot of RF interference on FM. Both on my factory broadcast radio and my Ham radio. All interference is on FM frequencies. The fog lights are the worse. They completely cover up the signal where you can no longer hear it. Turn off the fog lights and the signal is crystal clear. I have installed ferrite coils on all lights including the factory LED tail lights and they have not helped much at all.
I'm going to keep working on the problem but may revert back to halogens if I can not fix it. Communications is more important to me. I can get by with halogens.

Has anyone else experienced this FM radio issue ? I'm wondering how prevalent it is.

RRRENEGADE

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL LJ TJ CJ YJ WILLYS
Has anyone else experienced this FM radio issue ? I'm wondering how prevalent it is.
To my knowledge there have been no RF frequency noise issues with any Quake LED headlights. Feel free to email me if you have any questions or would like to talk!
[email protected]
Sponsored