Sponsored

Quake LED releases Jeep JL Plug & Play DRL Halo Switchback Turn Signal Headlights & Fog Lights

JC2692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I bought this package, Headlights and Fogs. Both with Halos. Received them this week and haven't installed, plan to this weekend. I have read the directions and it looks pretty simple plug and play. Each Headlight and Foglight has an adapter the fits in-between the stock connection harness and new LED light. These adapters then have additional connections that connect to the Turn signal fender light with has an adapter that fits between the light build and the stock connection. I am assuming that is where the halos are getting their power from. I post pics of the install if possible.

UPDATE:
Installed yesterday. Super simple plug and play. Took about 2 hrs, most of that time was figuring out where the fender light connection was located, which both are towards the rear of the engine bay. They look great and super bright. The halos only come on when the lights/foglight or turn signals are on. They are not on if set to Auto, but i don't have DRL.

IMG_4538.jpg
Any tips on finding fender light location? Did you remove the inner fenders?
Sponsored

RRRENEGADE

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL LJ TJ CJ YJ WILLYS
Email me and I will get you detailed pictures. The harness attaches to the fender right at the firewall, one on each fender. It is a flat 5 or 6 pin connector depending on the Model of JL. The driver side is easy to get to and find so I tell everyone to do that one first. The passenger side can be a real pain as it is below a grounding bank on the fender that must be removed.
[email protected]

Sponsored

danelizer

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Business Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Looking forward to finishing it up.

Red-5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Rebelcon
Vehicle Showcase
I bought this package, Headlights and Fogs. Both with Halos. Received them this week and haven't installed, plan to this weekend. I have read the directions and it looks pretty simple plug and play. Each Headlight and Foglight has an adapter the fits in-between the stock connection harness and new LED light. These adapters then have additional connections that connect to the Turn signal fender light with has an adapter that fits between the light build and the stock connection. I am assuming that is where the halos are getting their power from. I post pics of the install if possible.

UPDATE:
Installed yesterday. Super simple plug and play. Took about 2 hrs, most of that time was figuring out where the fender light connection was located, which both are towards the rear of the engine bay. They look great and super bright. The halos only come on when the lights/foglight or turn signals are on. They are not on if set to Auto, but i don't have DRL.

IMG_4538.jpg
I wired the red wire into a relay to make the halos drl. Sport-s

danelizer

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Business Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I wired the red wire into a relay to make the halos drl. Sport-s
What/where relay did you use. I would like to do the same.

Sponsored

tonyg30

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
they are located about 3/4 way back on the inside of the motor bay, each is tacked to the exterior side. the Passenger side is underneath the ground bolts by the battery and was a PIA to get to.

Red-5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Rebelcon
Vehicle Showcase
What/where relay did you use. I would like to do the same.
I ended up just getting a relay off ebay with a foglight harness. Powered the relay off the front cigarette lighter via pigtail. If you want more detail as to what fuse I tapped into, I can do a better write up.

danelizer

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Business Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up just getting a relay off ebay with a foglight harness. Powered the relay off the front cigarette lighter via pigtail. If you want more detail as to what fuse I tapped into, I can do a better write up.
Thanks. I got it.

tonyg30

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
a quick write up would be awesome!

JC2692

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have a Rubicon with the Mopar lift and 37" tires. Installed the top two washers to lower the headlight beam and it is PERFECT that way. Great visibility and I haven't been flashed at all; at night you can tell it isn't too obnoxious.
Sponsored