Quake LED problems ( fender chop kit )

Edi

First Name
edisney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 willys 4 door
This is the Second time that happened I am so angry, At least I had 2 months this time working properly. I been calling Quake led but nothing, I haven't been able to speak with nobody, Same with the emails I sent like 4 already and still waiting for a response.
Jeep Wrangler JL Quake LED problems ( fender chop kit ) Screenshot_20230514_170829_Gallery
Sponsored

swavescatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Any resolution yet? I'm looking to pull the trigger on a fender chop kit, but people are reporting problems with both the Quake and AAL kits...

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Mine has about an inch of the LED not lit up. They have been easy to work with but I have not received a replacement light yet. I will keep everyone updated as things progress.

Quake LED.jpg

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
Occupation
Helping those with tiny hand problems
Mine has about an inch of the LED not lit up. They have been easy to work with but I have not received a replacement light yet. I will keep everyone updated as things progress.

Jeep Wrangler JL Quake LED problems ( fender chop kit ) Quake LED

They just got a shipment of replacements in I got mine last week. The wire is potted a bit different and I didnt like how it was routed so I emailed back and forth with them a few times and they are fine with it so Ill be installing the replacements this week.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Edi

Edi

First Name
edisney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 willys 4 door
DO NOT BUY the QUAKE LED fender chop. I have had Three replacements already And the last one right out of the box it was missing leds at the corners. I showed it to the show bc I did the install there so they could see that I was Not lying. WORST PURCHASE EVER. I went to 2 different chops, 1 told me that they only have a few with problems that it was a hit or miss, the other chop told me " We throw everything that we have from quake led, We don't sell it we don't use that product, neither AAL." I live in Canada so NO HELP FROM QUAKE Neither. Thanks to Just Jeeps Canada for help me with the warranty. If I were you I will not spend my money on that

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
@Quake LED what is going on over here.

Was looking to purchase some lights, is there any warranty on these Chinese lights?

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Was looking to purchase some lights, is there any warranty on these Chinese lights?
So far they have been extremely awesome to work with. Im on my 3rd passenger light and they have swapped them out without any questions asked. I sent a pic of it over email and I had a new one within a week both times. Hell the last one after I told them it was bad I went wheeling and crushed the side of it, sent them a shot of it all broken and they said not to worry about sending it back and we were good.

While yea there is a QA issue on seemingly only their right side lights they are great to work with so until I totally wreck my factory chopped fenders Ill stick with them.

Quake LED

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mr. Black
Threads
Reaction score
Website
quakeled.com
Vehicle(s)
JK, JL
Occupation
Sweat Shop Manger, Slum Lord and Break Dancer

@ALEX-4LO ,

Our warranty is 1-year on paper, but we will still take care of any of our customers beyond that if something goes wrong out of warranty.

It is worth noting that given the popularity of this product we just recently did a full redesign on the internals and PCB. We addressed all of the weak spots that were causing diodes to burn out and know that most of these issues discussed above are a thing of the past.

If you have any more questions or would like to discuss our product in any more detail feel free to call us directly at 720 305 8979. Our office is open M-F 9am-5pm MST.

Cheers!

Rjm2024

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
@ALEX-4LO ,

Our warranty is 1-year on paper, but we will still take care of any of our customers beyond that if something goes wrong out of warranty.

It is worth noting that given the popularity of this product we just recently did a full redesign on the internals and PCB. We addressed all of the weak spots that were causing diodes to burn out and know that most of these issues discussed above are a thing of the past.

If you have any more questions or would like to discuss our product in any more detail feel free to call us directly at 720 305 8979. Our office is open M-F 9am-5pm MST.

Cheers!
That wasn’t my experience with Quake support, how can I get taken care of? I contacted support when my LEDs started showing issues, but was denied a replacement because I was outside the warrant window. I purchased the chop kit 2/20/2022 and contacted support on 3/6/2023. Yes 2 weeks past the 1 year warranty and I was denied. Now they have gotten worse and it looks like I’m about to have to buy new hardware.

How can I get a replacement?

Sponsored

Terrymo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR 3.6 ET
Clubs

@qu

@Quake LED waiting for your response if you truly take care of your customers.
Until then, as others have already said, DO NOT BUY QUAKE LEDS.
I had a positive experience with Quake customer service by speaking with them directly. The rep I dealt with was very professional and courteous and resolved my issue quickly. Your situation sounds very frustrating. IMHO your best course of action is dealing with them one on one by phone rather than posting in a general forum. Just my opinion which you didn’t ask for obviously..

Rjm2024

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I had a positive experience with Quake customer service by speaking with them directly. The rep I dealt with was very professional and courteous and resolved my issue quickly. Your situation sounds very frustrating. IMHO your best course of action is dealing with them one on one by phone rather than posting in a general forum. Just my opinion which you didn’t ask for obviously..
Hi, My first action was to contact Quake directly. They wouldn’t help because I was 2 weeks past the 1 year warranty window. I only replied here because Quake stated that they will take care of their customs even past the warranty window.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hi, My first action was to contact Quake directly. They wouldn’t help because I was 2 weeks past the 1 year warranty window. I only replied here because Quake stated that they will take care of their customs even past the warranty window.
That really sucks to hear since I put the last one in in September of 23 Ive not had another issue so it seems they fixed their problems they had and the 3 times Ive talked to them in person they have been awesome and stood behind their products. Try 720-305-8979 x 101 thats Lindsay who I dealt with last time and she was great.

Terrymo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR 3.6 ET
Clubs

That really sucks to hear since I put the last one in in September of 23 Ive not had another issue so it seems they fixed their problems they had and the 3 times Ive talked to them in person they have been awesome and stood behind their products. Try 720-305-8979 x 101 thats Lindsay who I dealt with last time and she was great.
Same contact I had but couldn’t remember her name. All companies have to draw a line somewhere. But talking politely person to person will give the highest odds of resolution.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Same contact I had but couldn’t remember her name. All companies have to draw a line somewhere. But talking politely person to person will give the highest odds of resolution.
Yea and hopefully its one of those situations where they had a known issue that is now fixed and they are standing behind the product.
Sponsored