Sponsored

Quake LED Halo Review

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I apologize. We did not show this method because the body retention clips almost always break when you pull the fender off. They were not available to buy yet unless you bought the whole fender. They are now available for under a buck a piece so the new install will give this option for install.

To be honest I agree with Rob as to why he didn't state that method... I still don’t want to remove the fender as it’s just easier to drop the wheel liner and you don’t have to worry about ordering clips. Here's an install document I created for doing the Morimoto turns showing steps for removing the liner with all of the details and tools needed... I will be doing an install document on the Quake Halo LEDs soon as I am relocating the controller location from the engine area to passenger compartment..

BTW... The rivets I used came with this tool from Harbor freight so it was one stop shopping so to speak:

https://www.harborfreight.com/hand-riveter-with-40-industrial-strength-poly-rivets-97757.html
Sponsored

Attachments

punknking

First Name
Chrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
buying JLU soon
how do you even adjust these after you get them installed? the JL adjustment screw is on the factory headlight itself

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
how do you even adjust these after you get them installed? the JL adjustment screw is on the factory headlight itself
Here are the exact details on how to handle this from the Quake instructions as they provide washers...

upload_2019-2-27_9-12-39.png

Last edited:

stucci62

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my RGB controller and headlights today. I am getting a loud buzzing/humming from the RGB controller. I have the red positive connected to Aux #3 and the black negative connected to the negative battery terminal. Is anyone else having this issue?

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Installed my RGB controller and headlights today. I am getting a loud buzzing/humming from the RGB controller. I have the red positive connected to Aux #3 and the black negative connected to the negative battery terminal. Is anyone else having this issue?
Just give Quake a call (720-305-8979) and they can help advise... I have my negative items all grounded to the frame and not back to battery so i am not sure if that is the cause... No matter what the Quake reps can help you determine the issue...

Sponsored

stucci62

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Just give Quake a call (720-305-8979) and they can help advise... I have my negative items all grounded to the frame and not back to battery so i am not sure if that is the cause... No matter what the Quake reps can help you determine the issue...
I was able to determine that the buzzing is not coming from the RGB controller. The buzzing I am hearing is actually coming from the PCM on the Jeep.

DCBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I was able to determine that the buzzing is not coming from the RGB controller. The buzzing I am hearing is actually coming from the PCM on the Jeep.
Do you also have an issue with a loud fan noise when AC is on as that is a hot topic on another thread and the article states a PCM update may be needed?

JLscorpio31

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JLU, 1999 Cherokee XJ
On to running RGB wires. I stuck the controller on top of the fender with the supplied 3M tape. Used the 10 min to take out an air box bolt to run them underneath it to make it look clean. Then ran 2 wires to the passenger side for the fog light and headlight then underneath the plastic should on top of the radiator support to the driver lights. I plugged in the RGBs to the headlights plugged the headlights into the factory harness and screwed the headlights in.

56DCDAA5-E055-4078-AB9D-26FD8EB44F8A.jpeg
looks great! wanna sell your OEM LEDs? would like to free you from them.

JL _newbie_jk_oldie

First Name
Scottie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Couple of question...
But first I wanna say what a son of a B this way trying to install these lights the instructions said one thing, but the labels said another ... annoying

1.question- why isn’t there a video on how to install these ?

2. Is anyone else having problems with trying to connect the app to the phone?

3.how do you make the lights strobe

4.does it come with DRL?

5.after installing the lights my front passenger fender light (turn signal) isn’t working how do I fix this ?
Sponsored