Quake LED Halo Review

dditzel

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU 2018 JLU
I also took the time to run the wires from the drivers side thru the conduit that was mounted on the firewall to hide the rgb and drl wire

20181025_093121.jpg

20181025_093133.jpg

RRRENEGADE

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL LJ TJ CJ YJ WILLYS
How did you get them to do all the spin and rainbow stuff?? I just installed mine today and can only make them go to music or just have a solid color..
The spinning effects are done on the rotation modes only. At this time you must manually go back and forth with the speed to get the spinning effects. We will be releasing a new APP with many more features and easier to navigate. I will keep you all posted.

Sponsored

dditzel

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU 2018 JLU
The walkthru & included instructions make it pretty simple, a video would be a great addition. The hardest part honestly was tapping into the DRL wires for the turn signal and you can't show that in a video as you are almost working blind during that part. The remainder of the install was super easy

Jas0n

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
The walkthru & included instructions make it pretty simple, a video would be a great addition. The hardest part honestly was tapping into the DRL wires for the turn signal and you can't show that in a video as you are almost working blind during that part. The remainder of the install was super easy
Do you need to do that for the DRL halos? Or is it just to get the headlights to blink?
Also, would anyone with the lights please post some daytime pics of how they look?

Cajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Looks great, thanks! One thing I haven't seen is what the headlights look like with low and high beams on. Lots of halo pics though. Mine are sitting in a box in my garage until Saturday and it's killing me.

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Good looking lights! That gap is the only thing bothering me

Sponsored

JoeBowler300

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
@OP, you’ve done more promotion for these lights then the website itself! I assume the LED headlights are the 30 watt version and not the 45 watt? What’s the rating on the fog lights?

Cajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
@OP, you’ve done more promotion for these lights then the website itself! I assume the LED headlights are the 30 watt version and not the 45 watt? What’s the rating on the fog lights?
Headlights are 7" 45watt. Fogs are 4" 30watt. I have the installation instructions from the box on my desk and that is what is listed.

Voodoobadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Unlimited Rubicon JL
Here are a few pics that one can use as a guide for the Quake LED Halo lights.

First (Routing Wires): As mentioned in earlier posts, properly routing the wires from the lights to the battery compartment will ensure that the wiring is kept free from moving parts or extreme heat that can damage the wires. Here are two pictures from the MOPAR 82215386 7" LED Offroad Light Kit installation guide. This guide shows safe areas to route the wiring to the battery compartment. It simply requires removing the air box (super easy), and then organizing the wires as shown in the pictures.

uH4Uh25.png

fRblBgG.jpg

yzLSuI4.png

Second (Connecting To Power): My JLU had the Auxiliary Switch Bank installed from the factory, so I used Auxiliary Switch 4 (15A) because Auxiliary Switch 3 was currently used by my Offroad Lights. I used a quick-disconnect wire set, like the kind found on battery maintainers, to connect the power to the Quake Bluetooth Controller. As good practice, you want to ensure you have an in-line fuse (7.5A) on your positive wire. In my setup, I did not use the wiring (blue and yellow wires) for the turn-signal function, so I cut the ends, and applied heat shrink tubing around the ends to prevent any possible electrical issues. Lastly, I used heat shrink tubing along the black and red wires from the ends to the connector on the box to ensure a tight seal against basic water spray.

LwwEHCL.jpg

Third (Auxiliary Switch Setting): Navigate to the Settings menu of your UConnect, and set the switch as seen here. In this setting, power only flows when the ignition is On, the power is Constant (not momentary), and the relay will stay in its Last State when the ignition is turned-off.

Aohhuie.png

Fourth (Party Time): With the app connected to the Quake Bluetooth Controller, I set the mode to 7. WHITE, and set the Brightness to 32. When you first connect the app, the Halos will not be On. You simply have to touch the first button on the bottom of the screen (RGB) and move the color dropper around. Once you pick a color, like Yellow, move the Tone to the top so that the color is White. This additional step shouldn't be necessary, because the Mode was set to WHITE earlier, but I set it just in case there is any setting where the controller wants to revert to some other setting. After the Mode is set, then you are done. In this setting, you don't need to have your phone for your Halos to operate in their last state because the Bluetooth Controller retains the last setting.

JvWFbaq.jpg

JLGuyFTLD

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Jeep Marketing
I received my Quake LED Halos yesterday after months of way too hours of late night forum/Facebook research. I haven’t seen a write up yet so here it goes. I’m not a photographer nor am I a writer. But here’s what I’ve got for you. :jk::rock:

Updated with videos:

5506CBD4-A8C8-42BA-A74B-6FB671426CBB.jpeg
AWESOMENESS!!!

JLGuyFTLD

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Jeep Marketing
Next the headlights. I just used a screw gun and 10 mil socket to remove.

67C7DBD6-0FFA-4B80-9AC9-E83C9E1562D3.jpeg

82F9661A-1FA8-40DC-BD7C-70A50F7A2432.jpeg
WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THE AMAZING FROG EYE LED'S YOU HAVE??? IF THEY WILL FIT MY JLUS I WILL BUY THEM FROM YOU!
Sponsored