Sponsored

Quake LED Halo Review

Cajun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
.....we get it, they’re quality products...very evident in the price.

It just for one looks like garbage when you can see the halo when the jeep is off and parked, and for two it looks cheap if it’s not all the way at the edge of the light

If the halo was clear instead of white when it is off, I might consider it...but for now I’ll run my cheap adapters and cheap lights that don’t have cheap looking halos
Seems a bit harsh to call them garbage don't you think? Some folks like them and will buy them and some don't and won't. Not unlike hundreds of other Jeep mods.
Sponsored

KCwrangler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Seems a bit harsh to call them garbage don't you think? Some folks like them and will buy them and some don't and won't. Not unlike hundreds of other Jeep mods.
I just said it looks like garbage, just my opinion! ...just always been a pet peeve of mine to see a car parked in a parking lot with halos visible even when it’s off. Some people may think that looks awesome, I’m just not one of them.

fcnacht1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
The Quake Halos were just plug and play. If I didn’t install the RGB controller for the the colors and turn signals I’d bet money I could do it start to finish in under 10 minutes.
Any idea if the Quake halos would be plug and play to replace stock halogens?

RRRENEGADE

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL LJ TJ CJ YJ WILLYS
Any idea if the Quake halos would be plug and play to replace stock halogens?
Yes the original RGB design and also the Halo version are both direct plug and play into all models of JLs and from what we are told JT when it comes out! This includes but not limited to Sport, Sahara, Rubicon, Moab, etc..

fcnacht1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Yes the original RGB design and also the Halo version are both direct plug and play into all models of JLs and from what we are told JT when it comes out! This includes but not limited to Sport, Sahara, Rubicon, Moab, etc..
Great - thanks!

Sponsored

dditzel

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU 2018 JLU
Received mine today, install was relatively easy in part to this write up/review. Appreciate the time and effort. Hardest part was the damn turn signal wires and tapping into them..

RRRENEGADE

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL LJ TJ CJ YJ WILLYS
Received mine today, install was relatively easy in part to this write up/review. Appreciate the time and effort. Hardest part was the damn turn signal wires and tapping into them..
Thank you Don! if you need anything else or have any questions hit me up!

dditzel

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU 2018 JLU
Thank you Don! if you need anything else or have any questions hit me up!
Thanks! so far so good... one question, the fogs are listed as having amber turn signals, i notice on mine and the video above, the fogs drop out when the turn signal is on and come back on after.. is this correct?

valentas

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018
The controller box enables the halo as well as the RGB color options, and is wired to the fuse box or an available aux switch (if you have that option). The turn signals (if you want to enable them) requires a wire splice to your existing turn signal wiring if I understand correctly. My lights come in on Monday so will know more then.
Do you know if I can still use the halos if I don’t have DRLs in my JL? I’m a newbie

Sponsored

Jeep creep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU wrangler 2011 JKU Wrangler 2015 Grand Cherokee
I received my Quake LED Halos yesterday after months of way too hours of late night forum/Facebook research. I haven’t seen a write up yet so here it goes. I’m not a photographer nor am I a writer. But here’s what I’ve got for you. :jk::rock:

Updated with videos:

5506CBD4-A8C8-42BA-A74B-6FB671426CBB.jpeg

How did you get them to do all the spin and rainbow stuff?? I just installed mine today and can only make them go to music or just have a solid color..

valentas

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018
Did you connect the halos to the fuse box?

valentas

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018
On a side note if you haven’t bought your JL yet get the trailer package. I’m kicking myself for not. I thought it’s a hitch an I’ll just get a rear aftermarket bumper. No need for that. Come to find out I could have just plugged the power wire in those pimp prewired switches that come with the trailer package. But I wired mine to the fuse box F45, power cargo fuse. Next was the turns. I was scared to do this but ended up being simple. I used the 10 mil. Gun again and took off the little black fuse box on driver side and connected the T-Tap on the white and tan on the driver. Passenger side I took off the 2 ground wires blocking the turn harness and then tapped into the white with green stripe. Ran the yellow and blue wires to them off the control box and put it all back together. Install the ground wire for the controller too. I had to go back and take the nut off and do it later. The turns took about 20 minutes to do so in the long run I’m glad I did.

View attachment 100169

3E56ECCB-4594-4652-9B63-84B911045E47.jpeg

365EC523-3FAF-4523-82DF-3A5B9F348203.jpeg
I am trying to figure out how to tap the fuse for the halos. Can you PLEASE help me out, and PM me, I found info on how to wire to the fuse box, but I am unsure which fuse I should tap?

dditzel

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU 2018 JLU
I am trying to figure out how to tap the fuse for the halos. Can you PLEASE help me out, and PM me, I found info on how to wire to the fuse box, but I am unsure which fuse I should tap?
you can pull power from the space next to fuse 45 i think, cargo area if you don't have that option, i used a small male spade connector and pushed in hole
Sponsored