Quake LED Fender Chop

BruceyZ06

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
For those that have the Quake LED fender chop mod. How do you guys like it long term? Any yellowing? Also, I have the Rubicon do any of you have the turn signal out lights that appear?

Thanks!
Sponsored

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
I'm also curious about this. Specifically how are the Jeep Wrangler JL/Gladiator 9.5 x 0.75 Inch Slim Chop Kit DRL w/ Sequential Switchback Turn Signal & Side Marker Light's holding up for anyone? Any advice or thoughts?

DEZELJP

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Try to give you some kinda answer.
I went Quake smoked on Nov 27, 2021, because of numerous forum member complaints about AAL yellowing. I have also seen it.
Thought smoke would not show if they did yellow as the AAL did.
I think they look the same as they did when they were put on. Never had any problems with light out or moisture or any other issues. Been on almost a year and a half.
Paul

84823A91-1303-4125-AF3E-4BC140D89080.jpeg

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
AAL revised their lenses a while back, to prevent yellowing.

My 1st set started becoming yellowed after just a couple months. A few months in, and it became a light brownish. It didn't seem to get any worse over the total 2 years they were on my Jeep...
Jeep Wrangler JL Quake LED Fender Chop 20210920_101400_resized

After damaging one, I replaced them both. It's been about a year now, and they still look new...
Jeep Wrangler JL Quake LED Fender Chop 20230307_100700_resized

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
My AAL haven't yellowed yet, but I have had LED issues, one strip had all but two LEDs die and I have another one with one LED dead. I have not even had these installed for a full year yet. Buyer beware.

dg98adams

First Name
DG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I did not really have any yellowing issues on my 18 JLU Rubicon but I am on my 3rd set of warranty replacement assemblies... I have had it with and without the Mini Tazer... They last about 3-4 months. Warranty ran out last week, and I have yet to reinstall this last set. Not very hopeful. If they die I will try to make my own or adapt some cheap Amazon LED kit. The bracket is great, no issues there. But Quality control is an issue on the LEDS.

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
My Quakes have been fine since March of 2023. No yellowing. Super happy with them and the look.

Terrymo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR 3.6 ET
Clubs

Just another data point.

I purchased the Quake slim smoked fender chop kit for JL Rubicon from Northridge4x4 at the end of May 2023. Last weekend, I noticed on the drivers side, the small outer amber side marker section and the forward facing white running light sections had stopped functioning. The amber scrolling turn signal still functions.

After speaking to Northridge4x4 they gave me the contact person for Quake customer service. I emailed Quake and they requested proof of purchase and a few photos. No return of the malfunctioning assembly was required, so I at least still have turn signals. They said they will send a replacement light assembly when a new batch arrives in a few weeks.

The Customer service reps for both @Northridge4x4 and @Quake LED were professional and courteous. Hopefully I will get a tracking number for the replacement light assembly from Quake in a few weeks.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Edi

First Name
edisney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 willys 4 door
For those that have the Quake LED fender chop mod. How do you guys like it long term? Any yellowing? Also, I have the Rubicon do any of you have the turn signal out lights that appear?

Thanks!
Well I had the worts experience with @Quake LED, The first one last 1 month and half, the 2nd 3 months and the one I am using now, 7 months on and it started giving problems (burn leds) and no more warranty. Worst customer service ever for canadians. And now Im f* cause I know that around 3 weeks it will be gone, same as the other ones. PS my buddy had the same problem one replacement and current one going bad and no more warranty. I will be posting a recent pic once it gets worse. DO NOT BUY @Quake LED

Screenshot_20240209_130124_Gallery.jpg

Terrymo

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR 3.6 ET
Clubs

I received my drivers side replacement light assembly from @Quake LED yesterday after letting them know about my defective light last Friday. Looking at the old light it appeared the silicone sealing the wire harness where it enters the light assembly was compromised. I peeled away some of the silicone (which seemed poorly done) and dumped about a tablespoon of water out of the light assembly.

As I said before, the Customer service reps for both @Northridge4x4 and @Quake LED were professional and courteous. Hopefully this light assembly will last longer. The silicone seemed to be better applied where the wiring harness enters the new light. Time will tell.
Sponsored