Quadratech Rubicon Extreme or Moab Wheels on JL

Boerne Jess

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU wrangler
i'm interested in those same two wheels. Did you end up with either? I'd like to see pics of both installed on a JL as well.

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
I don't know if this helps either of you, but I had a similar wheel to the Quadratec Moab installed on my 2012 JK Rubicon. My wheels were actually the Mamba MR1's, which were a knock-off of the original TJ Rubicon Moab wheels.

Here's a pic of my 2012 JK Rubi with the Mamba MR1 (17" x 8" with 4.75" back spacing) running a 285/70/17 BFG KM2.

Steves_2012JK_with_Mopar_Bumper_2.jpg

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
If you like those wheels they look great, however I found that the JL Sports 17 x 7.5 Tech Silver Aluminum painted gloss black with a different color for the JEEP center caps (mine are red) looks like the old JK RECON wheels only better.

A set of these for sale are plenty and cheap and they are OEM, very light weight and I am running 33'' Rubicon take off tires on these sport rims.
Rims are 7.5 wide with 2in spacers.

Gives the appearance of a wider tire and rim combo plus adds a wider track for stability.
I get more comments on these than I do the OEM Rubicon wheels and tires.

Sponsored

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Just had them put on my 2018 Sport S JLU two weeks ago. Yesterday was first time off the road. When really crossed up there was an ever so slight rub at the rear not enough to worry about. Mounted with 285 70/17 Wildpeak All Terrains. They look great. For the money can't be beat...

Desert Wash.jpg

Tonto 4 wheeling.jpg

IMG_Sideview.5.jpg

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I had a set of Quadratec Moabs on my 2013 Rubicon. Quadratec makes affordable wheels that are excellent quality, lightweight, spec-correct, and look factory.
nc_oc=AQmZYeH9v9o1o06gKRyVZu8-ECk-jQ-XTBA4EmOntuefa3_GXxL7nFc7_e52epskX6Q&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

I also had a set of Quadratec ‘41s on my 2018 Recon
nc_oc=AQlovQUXWuMwq4jeHsKoOgudF9fyN7_syx95rsFCsEnw-MrxREJJDUJaC9beja3hY9Q&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Last edited:

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I found that the JL Sports 17 x 7.5 Tech Silver Aluminum painted gloss black with a different color for the JEEP center caps (mine are red) looks like the old JK RECON wheels only better.
I thought the sport rims were "ok" until I saw them in black, then they became my favorite of the stock rims... I'm probably picking up a set this weekend to replace my steelies, but I'll likely just plastidip them until I can spring for powder coat.

Sponsored

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
I thought the sport rims were "ok" until I saw them in black, then they became my favorite of the stock rims... I'm probably picking up a set this weekend to replace my steelies, but I'll likely just plastidip them until I can spring for powder coat.
Plasti Dip is good until you can get them powder coated. Lots of layers, 5 cans and apply Vaseline to each tire on the Jeep, remove center cap and spray.
I picked up a new set and having them powdered coated to a new Monochrome Red.

JLOrange

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara 2.0 turbo JL
That’s a nice look. What size tire are you running? 285/70/r17? Are you running spacers with that? Sticks out pretty far from fender.
Sponsored