Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got a few small upgrades. The list is now a little shorter :)

IMG_3781 (1).jpg

IMG_3635.jpg

IMG_3599.jpg
Sponsored

JL_Hoff

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep SRT, 2011 Jeep JKUR (sold), 2004 Aprilia RST1000
Lookin good! Is the Trektop twill or black diamond? How do you like it? I am about to pull the trigger on a Trektop. I also have a granite crystal JLUR. Seeing the one on yours just sealed the deal for me! :)

OP
OP
loiacki

loiacki

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Lookin good! Is the Trektop twill or black diamond? How do you like it? I am about to pull the trigger on a Trektop. I also have a granite crystal JLUR. Seeing the one on yours just sealed the deal for me! :)
I went with the black diamond. I actually don't like the look of the twill. I had this top for my JK, too, and couldn't wait to get the newer version for my JL. Love it!

Sreedhar6789

First Name
Sreedhar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler 2014
How hard was the installation? And did you purposedly remove the spare tire?

Sponsored

OP
OP
loiacki

loiacki

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
How hard was the installation? And did you purposedly remove the spare tire?
Sorry, just saw this now. They estimated 4 hours to install in the instructions. Took me 3. It's not hard, just time consuming. BUT when lifting the assembled top onto the roof it might be a good idea to have someone help. I balanced it, and it slid off and put a large J shaped scratch in the rear driver's side door :( I did not remove the tire - there is no need since you can just open the tailgate for the rear assembly. I guess in the picture it appears the tire is removed, but it must be the magic angle - it's there, but you can't see it.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Man, I've been really considering this winch.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Top looks awesome! I'll probably end up with one eventually. Dang I can see that door scratch in the blown up pic, sorry about that.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
I like your NX top and want one. I have a question, please. I saw a video that showed the back window flapping at the bottom, or at top of the tailgate. This was at highway speed. Does yours do this?

OP
OP
loiacki

loiacki

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I like your NX top and want one. I have a question, please. I saw a video that showed the back window flapping at the bottom, or at top of the tailgate. This was at highway speed. Does yours do this?
I wouldn't use the term flapping since the bottom of the window is secured by the tailgate bar, but when I hit high speeds (over 70ish) it does a ripple-like thing which can be annoying. I will say that he aerodynamics of the JL seem to be quite different than the JK (which is no surprise based on many significant changes) so the way the air circulates around and through the hard and soft tops is very different as well. With the hard top I have many more issues with air pressure when the windows are cracked or only certain windows are down. Now this with the soft top rear window. None of it is a deal breaker, though, in my opinion.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
I appreciate your explanation. At 70mph does it feel like that it's sucking the heat (or a/c) out the back window? And is the back window noisy when it ripples? I hate surprises and I don't want the wife upset either. It's an expensive top and it's her daily driver.
Sponsored