Sponsored

Virginia Quadratec Winch Recall and ZERO customer service - "it's in the queue" and you'll get it when you get it"

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
@Quadratec issued a winch recall on their branded winches late last fall. I submitted my requests per snail mail and email directions and the has been very little updates to the status of my winch recall. I still haven't received the mailing box nor where they friendly when I called. I was told that "it's in the queue" and you'll get it when you get it". Other Jeepers in my area have received their shipping boxes and have already mounted their repaired winches. Where is mine?

It would be awesome if @Quadratec made an appearance here to be more transparent and give us a modicum of customer service. Just demonstrate a little love by keeping us informed and that we might be important to you. Too much to ask?

I have received five emails since March with zero action from @Quadratec.
  • 3/31: "We will be sending you an empty shipping box and shipping label."
  • 4/20: "We will be sending you an empty shipping box and shipping label."
  • 4/20: "We have received your winch."
  • 4/20: "We are starting the repair on your winch."
  • 4/20: "Your winch has been successfully repaired!"
Sponsored

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
Two of us in my "neighborhood" sent ours in at approximately the same time. Mine was impeccably packaged in the shipping box when I sent it out. The other persons was admittedly not packaged in the provided boxes well at all. Spacers omitted and directions not followed. He is still waiting for his to be returned. Mine took about three weeks. It's been about five for his so far. Just saying.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
This entire thing is one giant mess.

Recalls are necessary, no doubt. But I would be incensed too if I was told that I had to remove the winch from my Jeep, re-package it for shipping —apparently following very detailed instructions, ship it, wait for it to come back fixed, and then have to re-install the darn thing back onto my Jeep.

Expecting customers to do all of that, and do it exactly as they were told, and do it with a smile, was a bit much. For starters, these winches are bulky and heavy.

Although it may end up costing Quadratec a lot more money, it may have been wiser to set up an arrangement with a third party, like say 4 Wheel Parts, to have customers drive to their closest 4WP store, and have 4WP take care of removing the winch, packaging it properly, shipping it, and mounting it back.

No doubt a big hurdle is that Quadratec and 4WP are direct competitors. But I’m sure a win-win arrangement can be found when the goal remains on satisfying the customer.

Quadratec must be paying through the nose for this recall. But some things, like good customer service, are simply priceless. Especially for a virtual retailer like Quadratec.

OP
OP
3VOLVE

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Quadratec must be paying through the nose for this recall. But some things, like good customer service, are simply priceless. Especially for a virtual retailer like Quadratec.
This. Any communication would help ease some of the frustration; however, the simple fact that there is none means they don’t care to have me as a customer.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My guess is Quadratec staff are as frustrated with this recall as the customers themselves. I’m sure they have been receiving earfuls from disgruntled customers.

Not that that justifies their lack of communication, but helps explain some of it.

Sponsored

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
Any recall of a product that involves motor vehicles, and by extension NHTSA, is highly regulated. A company is not allowed to have any communication with a consumer unless it’s been reviewed and approved by NHTSA.
That’s likely why every product recall for automobiles feels like the company doesn’t care. It’s not because the company doesn’t want to communicate, but rather they’re not allowed to.

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
This entire thing is one giant mess.

Recalls are necessary, no doubt. But I would be incensed too if I was told that I had to remove the winch from my Jeep, re-package it for shipping —apparently following very detailed instructions, ship it, wait for it to come back fixed, and then have to re-install the darn thing back onto my Jeep.

Expecting customers to do all of that, and do it exactly as they were told, and do it with a smile, was a bit much. For starters, these winches are bulky and heavy.

Although it may end up costing Quadratec a lot more money, it may have been wiser to set up an arrangement with a third party, like say 4 Wheel Parts, to have customers drive to their closest 4WP store, and have 4WP take care of removing the winch, packaging it properly, shipping it, and mounting it back.

No doubt a big hurdle is that Quadratec and 4WP are direct competitors. But I’m sure a win-win arrangement can be found when the goal remains on satisfying the customer.

My closest 4WP Store is in Carlisle, PA 569 miles one way.
Sponsored