Sponsored

Quadratec vs Rugged Ridge Cargo Mat

geauxtigers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Anyone have any experience with either of these cargo mats? I added the mopar floor mats but didn’t like the cargo mat they offer and would rather not pay twice as much for a weathertech unless necessary. Both of these seem to be decent options for what I need.
Sponsored

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Anyone have any experience with either of these cargo mats? I added the mopar floor mats but didn’t like the cargo mat they offer and would rather not pay twice as much for a weathertech unless necessary. Both of these seem to be decent options for what I need.
I have a Husky Liners Weatherbeater cargo mat in my JLUR and am very happy with it. Don't know much about those two options you mentioned but I can definitely recommend the cargo mats from Husky Liners or Weathertech. They are both made in the USA and the fit is perfect. I'd rather pay the small additional price for proven quality.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I'd go with a cargo liner over a cargo mat. A liner is going to protect your cargo are on all sides from scratches or whatever. If you wan to haul 10 bags of mulch or firewood you can do that with a liner. Try that with a mat and you will have stains everywhere and things will get scratched.

OP
OP

geauxtigers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon Recon
These are both liners with sides actually. That’s what I didn’t like about the mopar cargo mat. It didn’t cover the entire cargo area and has no side walls

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
These are both liners with sides actually. That’s what I didn’t like about the mopar cargo mat. It didn’t cover the entire cargo area and has no side walls
I have the RR Liner. It does what it;s supposed to do. I am not crazy about the fit as it seem to be too baggy in some areas and too snugg in others. Its still good though.

Last edited:

Sponsored

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
I have 2 of the Quadratec mats, they work fine. One is a little more pliable, so easier to move around to get to the storage underneath. The less-flexible one is a tight fit that leaves marks on the trim pieces when moving around if not very careful. But I definitely recommended the Quadratec mat if that's the style you're looking for. Fit and price are good.

In hindsight, I wish I had gotten one of the liners like in the link below instead of 2 of the same mats. Much more expensive, but way better coverage. With 2 jeeps, I could just move them around wherever needed.

It really depends on what you expect to be hauling around in the back.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/rugged-ridge/c3-rear-cargo-cover-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-jl

T4STE

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oswachiart.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Vehicle Showcase

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
i really like the way the Mopar cargo tray includes the seat backs and even have 60/40 split. i hate that it doesnt go across the entire floor. does anyone else make a cargo liner that has the seatbacks like the mopar one?

y-Jeep-Wrangler-Unlimited-JL-Cloth-Seats-Installed.jpg

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
i really like the way the Mopar cargo tray includes the seat backs and even have 60/40 split. i hate that it doesnt go across the entire floor. does anyone else make a cargo liner that has the seatbacks like the mopar one?

Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec vs Rugged Ridge Cargo Mat y-Jeep-Wrangler-Unlimited-JL-Cloth-Seats-Installed
I have heard on here that, that thing is the biggest waste of money on any accessory you can buy from Mopar. I was a about to buy it myself until I read some reviews... It does look good though...

Sponsored

Atom631

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have heard on here that, that thing is the biggest waste of money on any accessory you can buy from Mopar. I was a about to buy it myself until I read some reviews... It does look good though...
good to know. I honestly wasnt going to buy it simply because it didnt cover the entire floor. I would entertain a separate floor liner and then seatback protector..but having just a floor liner than doesnt protect the seats when folded down also seems worthless to me.

tk1700

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Altitude, 2021 JLUR, 2016 Tundra
I have Rugged Ridge floor liners and cargo liner in 2019 JLU. They work great. The sides are about 2 inches high on the cargo liner and it fits well. I ordered the same set for my 2021 from local 4 Wheel Parts store on Jan 25. Today I found out estimated ship date is Mar 30. Lots of parts and accessories are out of stock right now. My Warn bumper ordered Jan 25 won't ship until the end of June.

Robellion

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I have the Mopar setup- it's great for sport equipment thrown in and such. Just went through the ski season and all wet stuff thrown in back and the boards on the roof rack. It's not junk for sure- thick protection like the floor mats. I got it mainly to protect my leather seats since it has the seat backing parts. I like it.

JoeDoc359

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
I ordered a Rugged Ridge cargo mat today and it is on backorder for 3-4 weeks. I ordered mine through Extreme Terrain. It will match the rest of the RR floor mats.
Sponsored