Quadratec Tube Door Issue

rjpjeep

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU
I used your method on the quadratic doors doors and it worked very well. I am curious about what you did for the rubber stoppers? Mine are too short on the front regardless of hinge/latch adjustments.

I will post a pic of what I did here shortly.
Sponsored

OP
OP
chappy200

chappy200

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys 2 door, Sting Gray
Just F.Y.I., Quadratec did refund my money, so that is one less thing to worry about. I have decided to go with a set of MOPAR Tube Doors. Pricey, but I would expect absolutely no issues with fitment and such. Peace of mind is sometimes worth the extra money.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
I have Rugged Ridge tube doors and they fit perfectly. šŸ‘
(As shown in my profile pic)

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
Hello,

I received a set of Quadratec Tube doors for my 2021 JL today. I got the doors and they looked great. I was totally excited. Unfortunately, that is when the problems started. The top Hinge Pin on both doors is too large to slide through the hole in the Jeep hinge that is bolted to the body of the Jeep. My stock doors slide in and out and I never had an issue.

I took some sand paper and gently sanded the Hinge Pins ( not the threaded part ) on both tube doors, in case there was any overspray from the powder coating process. I then lubricated both Hinge Pins and tried to mount the doors, but once again I had no luck. I find it hard to believe this happened. How in the world can the Hinge Pins be too large? I assume all of the JL door hinges are the exact same size.

A gentleman at Quadratec is researching this and I hope to get a resolution soon. If anyone has had a similar situation or has any advice I would appreciate you sharing that with me and the other members.

Thanks,

I am very sorry to hear you had issues with these doors. Please feel free to reach out to us here so I can better assist anyone with any issues they may be having.

Thank you,
Savanna

JMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I am very sorry to hear you had issues with these doors. Please feel free to reach out to us here so I can better assist anyone with any issues they may be having.

Thank you,
Savanna
I sent an email to customer service about a lower front passenger hinge that will not accept the door bolt, have not heard back yet. I was able to hammer the doors in with a rubber mallet and create my owe stopper using parts from lowes, see pic below. If I can get the hinge worked out, Iā€™m happy with them.
Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec Tube Door Issue FD710C6C-EF0D-44E0-9230-25175864CA9C

Sponsored

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL
I sent an email to customer service about a lower front passenger hinge that will not accept the door bolt, have not heard back yet. I was able to hammer the doors in with a rubber mallet and create my owe stopper using parts from lowes, see pic below. If I can get the hinge worked out, Iā€™m happy with them.
Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec Tube Door Issue FD710C6C-EF0D-44E0-9230-25175864CA9C

Hey there,

For initial fitting, if they do not fit, take the hinges off the tube doors. Install them on the jeep hinges. Then, tighten the barrel screws on the bottom of the hinges. Now, Hang the door on the hinges loseley, slowly close the door, and secure the latch on the striking plate on the jeep. At this point, If everything is aligned and door fits properly, Reach through the tube door and tighten up the hinge plates while door is shut. Then, test to see if it closes properly without any rattling. To take care of any rattles, adjust bump stop outwards with two (2) 10mm open ended wrenches. There are also three screws to loosen the latch mechanism to further tighten the fitment.

For any further questions please reach back out!

Thank you,
Savanna

JMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Hey there,

For initial fitting, if they do not fit, take the hinges off the tube doors. Install them on the jeep hinges. Then, tighten the barrel screws on the bottom of the hinges. Now, Hang the door on the hinges loseley, slowly close the door, and secure the latch on the striking plate on the jeep. At this point, If everything is aligned and door fits properly, Reach through the tube door and tighten up the hinge plates while door is shut. Then, test to see if it closes properly without any rattling. To take care of any rattles, adjust bump stop outwards with two (2) 10mm open ended wrenches. There are also three screws to loosen the latch mechanism to further tighten the fitment.

For any further questions please reach back out!

Thank you,
Savanna
Used hammer on hinges and made my own stop since they were too short after all adjustments. Hopefully customer service will respond to my email about the threads on the lower front passenger door pin not accepting the factory bolt.

FirstWarrior

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Glad I found this. I tried one day to install mine and had all the same issues. Front doors seemed fine, but rear doors didnā€™t go in. It was hot, and I didnā€™t feel like spending a lot of time on it so I just went doorless. But same issues, backs didnā€™t fit, and fronts didnā€™t hit the stopper šŸ˜­
Have not had a chance to try again. But I guess I know itā€™s a known problem now

OP
OP
chappy200

chappy200

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys 2 door, Sting Gray
Just a quick follow up. I purchased a set of MOPAR tube doors via allmoparparts.com, out of New York. The doors fit like a glove! No hammering, no fitment issues whatsoever. The Mopar tube doors are awesome and look great. I am very happy with my purchase.

IMG_3803.JPG
Sponsored