chappy200

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willys 2 door, Sting Gray
Hello,

I received a set of Quadratec Tube doors for my 2021 JL today. I got the doors and they looked great. I was totally excited. Unfortunately, that is when the problems started. The top Hinge Pin on both doors is too large to slide through the hole in the Jeep hinge that is bolted to the body of the Jeep. My stock doors slide in and out and I never had an issue.

I took some sand paper and gently sanded the Hinge Pins ( not the threaded part ) on both tube doors, in case there was any overspray from the powder coating process. I then lubricated both Hinge Pins and tried to mount the doors, but once again I had no luck. I find it hard to believe this happened. How in the world can the Hinge Pins be too large? I assume all of the JL door hinges are the exact same size.

A gentleman at Quadratec is researching this and I hope to get a resolution soon. If anyone has had a similar situation or has any advice I would appreciate you sharing that with me and the other members.

Thanks,
Sponsored

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
I know it’s a long shot, but are they perhaps misaligned? Maybe take a hinge off of the door and see if it will slide in.

OP
OP
chappy200

chappy200

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure about alignment. I do know that when I am holding the tube door, I can line the top Hinge Pin up perfectly over the top door hinge hole and I am able to drop it straight down with no obstructions. The issue is the diameter of the Hinge Pin is simply too big, and will not fit inside the hole of the door hinge. A real "head scratcher".

Thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
chappy200

chappy200

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went ahead and unbolted the hinge with the hinge pin from the Quadratec Tube Door and walked just the hinge over to the Jeep. The hinge pin was too large to slide down into the hole in the Jeep hinge, so I now know it is not an alignment issue, but an issue of the hinge pin being too large for this application.

JMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I have the same doors but have never installed yet, I might try to test fit one early next week. Is it the front or rear door?

Sponsored

RWRJR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure about alignment. I do know that when I am holding the tube door, I can line the top Hinge Pin up perfectly over the top door hinge hole and I am able to drop it straight down with no obstructions. The issue is the diameter of the Hinge Pin is simply too big, and will not fit inside the hole of the door hinge. A real "head scratcher".

Thanks for the reply.
Did you hear anything from Quadratec on your issue? I am having the same problem, the front tube doors went in perfectly but the back ones the hinge pins don’t fit correctly.
Hello,

I received a set of Quadratec Tube doors for my 2021 JL today. I got the doors and they looked great. I was totally excited. Unfortunately, that is when the problems started. The top Hinge Pin on both doors is too large to slide through the hole in the Jeep hinge that is bolted to the body of the Jeep. My stock doors slide in and out and I never had an issue.

I took some sand paper and gently sanded the Hinge Pins ( not the threaded part ) on both tube doors, in case there was any overspray from the powder coating process. I then lubricated both Hinge Pins and tried to mount the doors, but once again I had no luck. I find it hard to believe this happened. How in the world can the Hinge Pins be too large? I assume all of the JL door hinges are the exact same size.

A gentleman at Quadratec is researching this and I hope to get a resolution soon. If anyone has had a similar situation or has any advice I would appreciate you sharing that with me and the other members.

Thanks,
Did you hear anything from Quadratec on your issue? I am having the same problem, the front tube doors went in perfectly but on the back ones the hinge pins don’t fit correctly.

rjpjeep

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU
I had the same issue. The hinge bushings are made of a type of polymer. Here is what I did and it worked very well! Take a top hinge off of one of the doors. Get a rubber mallet. Put the pin in the top hinge bushing and tap it into the bushing while working it back and forth. It will go in this was after just a min or two. Once fully seated keep working it back and forth for two min. Then it will lift in and out with just a bit of pressure and work very well. Do this to the lower hinge as well. Do this to all four doors. You will be very happy with the final product. Any shavings that come off of the bushing just pull off. Also, if you run into an issue when you are aligning the doors when closed let me know, I came up with a rubber stop solution as well. Hope this helps.

Reactions: JMA
OP
OP
chappy200

chappy200

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frankly speaking, Quadratec has been no help. I sent the representative in customer service 2 emails, which were never returned. They have my phone number as well and I have received no texts or voicemails. Such a lack of communication is pretty frustrating, especially with a purchase of well over $500.00.

Fed Ex showed up at my home unannounced and did take possession of the doors and mirrors that I purchased. I hope Quadratec will refund my money for this purchase, but as of yet I am still waiting to see what happens.

My overall feeling is that I should not have to modify the set of tube doors, based on how expensive they were. I was afraid of doing anything to my stock door hinges, because I did not want to negatively impact the usage of my factory doors.

I opted to simply send everything back. All I can say to anyone dealing with Quadratec is "don't hold your breath" waiting on them to respond to a problem or query. That was my experience, but maybe other folks will have better luck.

I plan on looking for a set of used doors locally, so I can make sure they fit before I buy them.

4LO4PLAY

First Name
Bernadette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Frankly speaking, Quadratec has been no help. I sent the representative in customer service 2 emails, which were never returned. They have my phone number as well and I have received no texts or voicemails. Such a lack of communication is pretty frustrating, especially with a purchase of well over $500.00.

Fed Ex showed up at my home unannounced and did take possession of the doors and mirrors that I purchased. I hope Quadratec will refund my money for this purchase, but as of yet I am still waiting to see what happens.

My overall feeling is that I should not have to modify the set of tube doors, based on how expensive they were. I was afraid of doing anything to my stock door hinges, because I did not want to negatively impact the usage of my factory doors.

I opted to simply send everything back. All I can say to anyone dealing with Quadratec is "don't hold your breath" waiting on them to respond to a problem or query. That was my experience, but maybe other folks will have better luck.

I plan on looking for a set of used doors locally, so I can make sure they fit before I buy them.
This is actually upsetting to hear because I was considering purchasing these tube doors.. and not to mention it seems like you weren't the only person with the same issue. I originally wanted the WARN tube doors but were considering these because they were in-stock and the design was similar to what I was looking for and I liked that they even had a video install on these. Maybe I should reconsider..

Sponsored

OP
OP
chappy200

chappy200

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear ya. It's a shame that it became so difficult to try and install a set of tube doors! It would appear that Quadratec is in the process of refunding my money for the doors and mirrors, so I am cautiously optimistic that concern will be resolved.

Now, I am back at square one. I would love a set of tube doors that allow for mirrors. Doors off are great, but most of my driving is in the city and I like the added protection of the tube doors should I become involved in a traffic accident. Clearly, the factory full-doors are the best protection, but what are you gonna do? I love the open-air feeling that a Jeep can offer when stripped down.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I hear ya. It's a shame that it became so difficult to try and install a set of tube doors! It would appear that Quadratec is in the process of refunding my money for the doors and mirrors, so I am cautiously optimistic that concern will be resolved.

Now, I am back at square one. I would love a set of tube doors that allow for mirrors. Doors off are great, but most of my driving is in the city and I like the added protection of the tube doors should I become involved in a traffic accident. Clearly, the factory full-doors are the best protection, but what are you gonna do? I love the open-air feeling that a Jeep can offer when stripped down.
I've been happy with our Rugged Ridge Tube Doors, similar style and are available with mirrors included.

RWRJR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same issue. The hinge bushings are made of a type of polymer. Here is what I did and it worked very well! Take a top hinge off of one of the doors. Get a rubber mallet. Put the pin in the top hinge bushing and tap it into the bushing while working it back and forth. It will go in this was after just a min or two. Once fully seated keep working it back and forth for two min. Then it will lift in and out with just a bit of pressure and work very well. Do this to the lower hinge as well. Do this to all four doors. You will be very happy with the final product. Any shavings that come off of the bushing just pull off. Also, if you run into an issue when you are aligning the doors when closed let me know, I came up with a rubber stop solution as well. Hope this helps.
That’s ultimately what I ended up doing and got it to work but the fit on the rear doors isn’t the same as the front doors they sit proud of the door jam by about an 1/2 inch. I spent 2 hours on it trying to get both adjusted to be the same as the fronts but no luck.

D9D32C5A-C312-4E3A-ACBC-88FF3DDD745C.jpeg

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I would love a set of tube doors that allow for mirrors. Doors off are great, but most of my driving is in the city and I like the added protection of the tube doors should I become involved in a traffic accident.
I know aesthetics are subjective, but I'm well pleased with the Tyger tubular doors that I recently installed on my JLU (which can accommodate the OEM mirrors). Available on Amazon...who likely wouldn't go into radio silence as Quadratec has been doing lately.

JMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
I used your method on the quadratic doors doors and it worked very well. I am curious about what you did for the rubber stoppers? Mine are too short on the front regardless of hinge/latch adjustments.
Sponsored