Quadratec stealth winch

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
I am considering getting the quadratec stealth 12k winch. Does anyone have experience with this winch, good or otherwise. I appreciate your knowledge. Thanks.
Sponsored

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
Had one on my last Jeep. It was a workhorse. It recovered me every time (prob 5 uses total) and I pulled my neighbors F-250 out of a snowbank. Worked great every time. I highly recommend the synthetic rope.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I am considering getting the quadratec stealth 12k winch. Does anyone have experience with this winch, good or otherwise. I appreciate your knowledge. Thanks.
I don’t have experience with it, but after googling it, you could get a Warn VR 10s for $12 more on Amazon. If you don’t need the 12k you could step away from the house brand and get a Warn. Not to say it’s a bad winch. Just an FYI

OP
OP
Ruby Mike

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had one on my last Jeep. It was a workhorse. It recovered me every time (prob 5 uses total) and I pulled my neighbors F-250 out of a snowbank. Worked great every time. I highly recommend the synthetic rope.
Thanks for your reply. I am replacing my front plastic bumper and believe that this is the right time for a winch.

OP
OP
Ruby Mike

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t have experience with it, but after googling it, you could get a Warn VR 10s for $12 more on Amazon. If you don’t need the 12k you could step away from the house brand and get a Warn. Not to say it’s a bad winch. Just an FYI
You are correct. I believe that both winches are Chinese.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ruby Mike

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They definitely are. Just throwing it out there
I would love to have the zeon 12k winch, but I can literally buy a few cheaper winches for the price of the Warn. What I am hoping for is first hand knowledge of the winch and how well it works. Thanks again.

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I had the previous generation Stealth winch on my JK and loved it! The current generation had a huge recall when I was shopping for one on my JL so I went with a Warn VR8s. I have a two door so it is really all I need.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
You are correct. I believe that both winches are Chinese.
Just an FYI, the Warn warranty is 7x longer than the Stealth on the electrical components (most likely to fail). When I decided on our Superwinch that was a deciding factor over some other options.

If there is a 4WP near by, you can put your hands on the Warn and SB options. To be honest, I thought the SB XRC g3 looked pretty solid in person. The HF Apex didn’t blow my mind quality wise in person, and the 90 day warranty certainly concerned me.

golong27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
I too have been looking at the quad stealth 10k and the superwinch. I prefer the packaging of these two over the cheaper options. It seems all winches increased in price $50 or more around July 1.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I too have been looking at the quad stealth 10k and the superwinch. I prefer the packaging of these two over the cheaper options. It seems all winches increased in price $50 or more around July 1.
FYI, Morris had the best price on the SW SX10SR at $630 when I ordered about a month and a half ago. Looks like they're sold out and pulled it. Not sure if they had it in stock this weekend, but they had a 15% off Superwinch email for Labor Day that ended last night.

Looks like a seller on Amazon has it listed at $650, may be able to get one of the retailers to match it.
Sponsored