Sponsored

Quadratec Stealth winch recall

SkilledOne4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1966 Ford Mustang GT
I should be getting my winch back today, 6/4, according to the FedEx tracking number. Quadratec had it since 5/11 so it is about 3 1/2 weeks at this point.
Sponsored

1Placerville

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got a FedEx notice that my winch was shipped today 6/7 and expect it in a week.

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
I shipped mine back last week. Just got the delivery notice, delivered back to Quadratec. I live in New England. Winch was in bumper for 2 years. It was mounted inside of an OEM Jeep steel bumper - as protected as practical. When I pulled the thing out it looked like it had been through a war zone. The rest of my Jeep has held up just fine for 3 years and looks pretty much new, even underneath. Not this winch! Paint peeling, pitted, rust. I'd be ashamed if I were Quadratec. Not sure what I am going to do with winch when I get it back. I recently traded my Jeep for an F150. Not sure if I want to mount this thing in my new truck... I understand I live in a "harsh" winter environment, but it looks like Quadratec went the the cheap route and did minimal/no weatherproofing of this "quality" winch...

LS7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 CJ5, ‘18 JLUR
Quadratec sucks. There’s no other way to put it. True, they provided shipping both ways and repaired the faulty winch they sold me, but they totally ignore my emails when I ask them about reimbursement for the cost to remove and replacie my winch so it could be repaired. I was unable to do this work, myself. If I communicate with someone who is not part of the ”recall team”, they are courteous, but say I must go directly through the “recall team“. I’ve reached out to the team numerous times, but they seem to take the approach that if they ignore the customer long enough, the customer will get tired and go away. Live and learn. I will never purchase another thing from Quadratec.

1Placerville

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Well...it's coming FedEx...shipped 6/7..got hung up in Amarillo Tx and now it's stuck in Needles Calif for the past 3 days....

EDIT: Finally received 6/17!
Sponsored

Last edited: