Sponsored

Quadratec Stealth winch recall

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
This is a classic example of " How NOT to do a recall ".
Shame on Quadratec, replacement winches should have been sent out on receipt of the defective one, the cost and time to remove and re- install a WINCH demands this. Waiting weeks or months is not acceptable. Made in China fattens the corporate balance sheet until it ruins their reputation. I guess that's where the expression
"Riding the Tiger" comes from..
Sponsored

Hogghead

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Pipe fitter
I’m guessing they’re just going in and replacing the motherboard. Mine just arrived there today and I already got a email they’re finished and it will be shipped out within the next 3 days.

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Still nothing from Quadratec, even after submitting the packaging request. @Quadratec continues to demonstrate they do not care about their customers or their customer service. They lost me as customer today and I will not be purchasing any products from them in the future, no matter the discount.

I also took a couple of minutes to call the National Highway Safety Administration to file a complaint of non-compliance “after a reasonable time”, according to their letter, and the Better Business Bureau.

Hogghead

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipe fitter
Still nothing from Quadratec, even after submitting the packaging request. @Quadratec continues to demonstrate they do not care about their customers or their customer service. They lost me as customer today and I will not be purchasing any products from them in the future, no matter the discount.

I also took a couple of minutes to call the National Highway Safety Administration to file a complaint of non-compliance “after a reasonable time”, according to their letter, and the Better Business Bureau.
I hope they get you fixed. I think it took maybe a week or just under to get the box and just over a week to send it and get it back.

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I hope they get you fixed. I think it took maybe a week or just under to get the box and just over a week to send it and get it back.
I did my part and not a single peep from @Quadratec. I called yesterday and they stated ”you are in the queue“ and “you’ll get it when you get it”. Great customer service 👎🏼

In the meantime, I am buying a new winch for my safety and to be help others when necessary. The Quadratec will be sold as soon as it is repaired and returned.

Sponsored

Hogghead

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pipe fitter
I did my part and not a single peep from @Quadratec. I called yesterday and they stated ”you are in the queue“ and “you’ll get it when you get it”. Great customer service 👎🏼

In the meantime, I am buying a new winch for my safety and to be help others when necessary. The Quadratec will be sold as soon as it is repaired and returned.
I must of got luck and was in one of the first batches sent out.

Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD 06 Corvette. 16 FLTRU
Occupation
Lighthouse Keeper, Retired Electrical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Got mine repaired winch back on Friday and I installed it yesterday, so about 2 weeks turnaround. Everything works like it should.

Last edited:

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
Got mine back on Friday along with a foot of new snow. Took about two weeks turnaround.. Will re-install today if it warms up above freezing.

Biohazardshrimp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I got mine back last Thursday. Installed it Sunday. Everything works including the wireless remote which had never worked. So the recall was handled really bad but the winch is repaired.

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Still nothing...

I have received five emails since March with zero action from @Quadratec.
  • 3/31: "We will be sending you an empty shipping box and shipping label."
  • 4/20: "We will be sending you an empty shipping box and shipping label."
  • 4/20: "We have received your winch."
  • 4/20: "We are starting the repair on your winch."
  • 4/20: "Your winch has been successfully repaired!"
When I called, I was told that "it's in the queue" and you'll get it when you get it". It would be awesome if @Quadratec made an appearance here to be more transparent and give us a modicum of customer service.

Sponsored

1Placerville

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Well another week and not a peep. I’ve sent 2 emails asking the status... nothing. I called and they referred me to recall@quadratec.com whom I’ve been emailing....My box was picked up May 5th.

Last edited:

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Its quite frustrating and would be nice for a small bit of customer service or basic communication. I guess that’s too much to ask for. Ive taken my business elsewhere.

1Placerville

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got somebody at Quadratec to get me some answers. I sent my winch on May 5th. They received on May 13th. It’s taking 30 days now before they will return ship plus the shipping time....Those of you who got a 2 week turn around we’re lucky....

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I received 12 emails from Quadratec at the same time the other day. Remarkably, a FedEx box showed up at my door and I promptly loaded the winch and it was picked up the next day.

Now the waiting game...

1Placerville

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I received 12 emails from Quadratec at the same time the other day. Remarkably, a FedEx box showed up at my door and I promptly loaded the winch and it was picked up the next day.

Now the waiting game...
The only thing I got was after I filled out the recall form. I received a FedEx tracking then the box showed up. I shipped it back as I mentioned above on May 5th. I haven’t got an acknowledgement they received it or are working on it..nothing. No response to emails either. I see some on this thread got a 2 week turn around so im like you doing the waiting game...I’ll post when I know something.
Sponsored