Sponsored

Quadratec Stealth winch recall

LS7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 CJ5, ‘18 JLUR
Has anyone seen any information on compensation to remove and replace the winch?

4x4tographer

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Clubs

Just a heads up - their form doesn't seem to like Safari. Kept giving me a "form is expired" message. Switched over to Chrome and it worked like a charm.

Grey1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Good evening, I just received this today.
We have an update for your Quadratec Stealth Winch Recall process.

We have received your recall request. Here are the next steps:

1. We will be sending you an empty shipping box and shipping label.
  2. Once you receive your return box, follow the instructions to place your winch inside the box and affix the shipping label to the outside of the box.
  3. Call 1-800-463-3339 to schedule a pickup with FedEx to retrieve the box or you can drop it off at one of many FedEx locations near you. Click this link to find a FedEx location near you https://link.quadratec.com/u/nrd.ph...n$g$lurwtCrCun$&s=EIGCHF4MpKiLrBhuUIRzGUG4Y90
Once we receive your winch, it will be inspected, repaired and subsequently mailed back to you. We will update you by email throughout the process and when your winch is shipped back out to you.

Any questions regarding your winch repair should be emailed to [email protected].

On Friday 3/26/2021 after bugging them like once every other week since November 2020. They sent me this link to fill out a form. in which I received the above email today.

Quadratec Winch Recall Entry Form - IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL 20E-067 | Quadratec

My problem is I spent $600 for this to just send it back without anything of value in its place, not to mention the inconvenience of having it sit on a dolly since back in November.
I took it off the other Jeep but was rear-ended so after I got it fixed I traded it for a new one and now I have a new bumper sitting waiting for me to install it but I am waiting for this winch.
I was told on the phone that it should only take a few days to make the repair and get it back to me. We'll see.
They also kept telling me that they would be fulfilling this recall since January.

Quadratec has been good up until this stealth winch recall thing.
I believe it would've been quicker to just purchase a new one and send this one back and get the money for it.

But like a good law abiding citizen I have sat back and followed the instructions.
Good luck to everyone here.
I'll drop back in to let y'all know how it goes.

Biohazardshrimp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Good evening, I just received this today.

We have received your recall request. Here are the next steps:

1. We will be sending you an empty shipping box and shipping label.
  2. Once you receive your return box, follow the instructions to place your winch inside the box and affix the shipping label to the outside of the box.
  3. Call 1-800-463-3339 to schedule a pickup with FedEx to retrieve the box or you can drop it off at one of many FedEx locations near you. Click this link to find a FedEx location near you https://link.quadratec.com/u/nrd.php?p=B3HX4obUQH_101_1089833_-2_6&ems_l=1650626&l=qCCyBP77uxljufonmnGflxv7nwgDBOBlhBAl4nvjruh$lrm$ZBlhurm4$lurwtrm$ZBlhDrm4$DBnArm$ZBlhuurm4$uurm$ZBlhnq4$ynABh.be~$ZDCvhBxDAln4&DjmAjCnlTWnFBunCCnAZDCvhvnmrDv4nvjruZDCvhljvyjrpw45rwlq 0nljuu 3ymjCng$lHnjA$$lvxwCq$$lmjH$$lqxDA$ZDCvhlxwCnwC4$lurwtljC$g$lurwtwjvn$g$lurwtCrCun$&s=EIGCHF4MpKiLrBhuUIRzGUG4Y90
Once we receive your winch, it will be inspected, repaired and subsequently mailed back to you. We will update you by email throughout the process and when your winch is shipped back out to you.

Any questions regarding your winch repair should be emailed to [email protected].

On Friday 3/26/2021 after bugging them like once every other week since November 2020. They sent me this link to fill out a form. in which I received the above email today.

Quadratec Winch Recall Entry Form - IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL 20E-067 | Quadratec

My problem is I spent $600 for this to just send it back without anything of value in its place, not to mention the inconvenience of having it sit on a dolly since back in November.
I took it off the other Jeep but was rear-ended so after I got it fixed I traded it for a new one and now I have a new bumper sitting waiting for me to install it but I am waiting for this winch.
I was told on the phone that it should only take a few days to make the repair and get it back to me. We'll see.
They also kept telling me that they would be fulfilling this recall since January.

Quadratec has been good up until this stealth winch recall thing.
I believe it would've been quicker to just purchase a new one and send this one back and get the money for it.

But like a good law abiding citizen I have sat back and followed the instructions.
Good luck to everyone here.
I'll drop back in to let y'all know how it goes.

I apparently have a crate on it's way to my house so I guess this weekend I will be removing my bumper again to take the winch off.

Sponsored

Grey1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I received the box along with instructions and now have followed the instructions and took the winch to FedEx.
So, I just put $600 in a box and sent it away just like that.
I am putting this here for proof cause I don't have the warm fuzzy feeling considering I have waited going on 5 months for this.
Although I did keep a few things from it. ;) Guess I can get the bumper ready now.

IMG_6582.JPG

IMG_6580.JPG

IMG_6583.JPG

IMG_6584.JPG

IMG_6585.JPG

IMG_6586.JPG

IMG_6587.JPG

IMG_6588.JPG

167214301_2584533928510681_64848405895752970_n.jpg

168022317_455281492355366_8236901440564845538_n.jpg

167352674_449924882785059_4768305338024145324_n.jpg

Grey1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update So I received a series of emails from Quadratec; four altogether.
One for receiving
One saying it was being placed in a queue to be repaired
One saying they have started the repair
One stating that the repair was completed and would be shipped out within 3 days.

Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD 06 Corvette. 16 FLTRU
Occupation
Lighthouse Keeper, Retired Electrical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is all boxed up waiting for Tuesday pickup by FedEx.

Sponsored

Grey1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good morning all,
So I received the winch back yesterday and it doesn't appear that it was even removed from the box.
So I sent them a message;

Good morning,
If you could explain what was actually done as it doesn't even appear that the box with winch that I sent back was even removed from the box.
Other than the apparent scratches on the case from shipping it doesn't appear that the winch was even removed from the box.

Not sure what if anything was done except that the winch sat on a dolly for almost 5 months.

I thought the recall was some kind of circuit board however it didn't appear that the casing or anything was removed.
Unless the scratches are from them removing the winch from the box?
Just not sure and it came back faster than the email suggested as it said in 3 days but I assume they overnighted it. This was Friday April 2, at 11:31am.

Your winch has been successfully repaired! Here are the next steps:
  1. An order has been placed on your behalf. This will be your winch being sent back to you
  2. It should ship out in the next 3 business days.
  3. You will be notified with a tracking number once the winch is on its way back to you

However I received an email after that on April 2, at 2:31pm saying;

Thank You For Your Order​

We are starting the repair on your winch. Once the repair is completed, we will notify you and ship the winch back to you.​
So at this point not really sure what if anything I can do besides ask them what they actually did.

Weather permitting and if the wife don't have other plans for me next weekend I will try to install bumpers with winch.
Then I can test it to see if it operates alright.
Hope everyone else is satisfied with the outcome of this.
I however find that just them taking it back and supposedly fixing it isn't compensation enough for all of the aggravation and waiting that has been done.

168470278_186238363310509_2073285863475652787_n.jpg

168502606_323395512548428_1412991969023499711_n.jpg

168531290_1812255168933345_6618124715404094025_n.jpg

168694022_459272208742026_8556835595195211252_n.jpg

Grey1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a quick addition to the last post of what I added in email.

Good morning,
Why would y'all send me an email saying you are starting on the winch at 2:31pm when you just sent me an email at 11:30am saying it was repaired?
What exactly was repaired and is there going to be any other compensation for this?
It doesn't even appear that the winch was even removed from the box?
Is there proof or a written guarantee that the winch is repaired?

Biohazardshrimp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Just a quick addition to the last post of what I added in email.

Good morning,
Why would y'all send me an email saying you are starting on the winch at 2:31pm when you just sent me an email at 11:30am saying it was repaired?
What exactly was repaired and is there going to be any other compensation for this?
It doesn't even appear that the winch was even removed from the box?
Is there proof or a written guarantee that the winch is repaired?
So if I am following this correctly, there is a possibility that they turned the winch around and shipped it back without any actual repair being made? I was surprised when you said that you got it back so quickly. I had already made peace with the fact my winch would be gone for months considering how long this whole process has taken already.

Hogghead

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Pipe fitter
Just took mine off and shipped it this afternoon. Hopefully I get it back quickly. I’d like to have it back before Jeep Beach.

Grey1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So if I am following this correctly, there is a possibility that they turned the winch around and shipped it back without any actual repair being made? I was surprised when you said that you got it back so quickly. I had already made peace with the fact my winch would be gone for months considering how long this whole process has taken already.
I'm still waiting for a reply, apparently when I replied it went to quadratec.com instead of [email protected]
Sponsored