Sponsored

Quadratec Stealth winch recall

xj_scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Anyone have any progress on this front? I've disconnected my positive wire, but I'm camping cross country in February and need a winch so I'm not planning to pursue this recall until after that.

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I sent an email last week and received the following. Looks like they will have to wait until all the upgraded parts are in for every winch recalled. Next email will be to see if I can get a refund or credit so that I can purchase another...

Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec Stealth winch recall 97182566-A8D4-4590-989D-DC7681F9F1C3

xj_scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Funny you should ask, I have a letter coming today thats from Quadratec labeled "Safety Recall Notice" I'll post here if it has any new information.

Sponsored

xj_scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Ok, according to my letter, "Parts are now available to repair and upgrade your winch. Please review the contents of this letter and arrange free return of your winch to Quadratec by use of the return shipping form available at www.quadratec.com/stealth-winch-recall

HOWEVER, as 3VOLVE's post indicates, that site has not been updated yet.

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Ok, according to my letter, "Parts are now available to repair and upgrade your winch. Please review the contents of this letter and arrange free return of your winch to Quadratec by use of the return shipping form available at www.quadratec.com/stealth-winch-recall

HOWEVER, as 3VOLVE's post indicates, that site has not been updated yet.
I received the same letter in late December, and I send them a note about every two weeks.

suicideTone

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
It’s bad enough we have to send them in to fix, but I’m not looking forward to taking my bumper off and back on twice. Maybe I’ll leave it off until it comes back unless it turns into a 4 month repair time. I feel like they should be sending new ones out and asking for a return. They could sell the repaired ones as refurbished...?

Sponsored

364pipeguy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon / 1971 CJ-6
Occupation
retired Steamfitter
H

Home » Quadratec Winch Recall Entry Form
Quadratec Winch Recall Entry Form

i all, just found this and filled it out but have not heard back yet.

Biohazardshrimp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
It’s bad enough we have to send them in to fix, but I’m not looking forward to taking my bumper off and back on twice. Maybe I’ll leave it off until it comes back unless it turns into a 4 month repair time. I feel like they should be sending new ones out and asking for a return. They could sell the repaired ones as refurbished...?
I agree. They handled this poorly.

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I received my second recall notice yesterday in the mail. It is literally a copay the same one I previously received. :mad:

@Quadratec - how about some transparency and real answers?

ifonline

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Small Business Owner
Following this thread to see how this all plays out, but I can say for certain that based on how this is being handled (and other threads here about poor customer service) Quadratec is off my list of manufacturers/retailers.
Sponsored