Quadratec Stealth winch recall

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Anyone else receive this Quadratec Stealth recall today?! I have to say I really like the winch and have used it a couple times. However, this makes me uneasy and not happy at all. Especially with winter upon us here in Colorado and them saying not to use for roughly 3-4months! Then disassembling everything to take it off and return it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec Stealth winch recall 784AE8CA-DFF0-45FB-9066-D5AB3DCEE8FB

Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec Stealth winch recall 5F721138-4E4B-40E0-903E-7C8D7AD5987F
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If you install a manual cutoff set and keep it on the off position except when you go to use the winch, wouldn’t this solve the problem?

OP
OP
jason0341

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
If you install a manual cutoff set and keep it on the off position except when you go to use the winch, wouldn’t this solve the problem?
Not sure it seems it would, but it looks like they want to update the whole CPU on it.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Not sure it seems it would, but it looks like they want to update the whole CPU on it.
I got the letter today...TERRIBLE recall service by @Quadratec to require customers to ship it back and wait 90-120 days for parts. They should absolutely replace the winch before making customers unbolt/unwire it, package it, drive to UPS AND WAIT 3-4 MONTHS!!:angry: Mine has been fine for 2 years...I'm in no hurry to send it back.

Last edited:

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
I got the notice today. They say that they will cover shipping. I'm not looking forward the building a crate in which to ship it back to them. What a PITA. I think I may go the discon switch route that esteemed member ChocThun suggests.

Sponsored

Robbyreneeward

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab
I was just looking at purchasing a winch. Either this or warn. Should I stray away? Budget not really in the equation, I was looking at this for weight savings.

364pipeguy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon / 1971 CJ-6
Occupation
retired Steamfitter
HI GUYS, I received mine today also, so I did some checking and the part #s are different on there site, so it appears that they have already fixed it on the new ones. But I did not find there web site to ask any questions and have not responded to my E-mail yet. We shall see. I do like doing business with Quadratec so I hope they fix this soon

OP
OP
jason0341

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
I got the letter today...TERRIBLE recall service by @Quadratec to require customers to ship it back and wait 90-120 days for parts. They should absolutely replace the winch before making customers unbolt/unwire it, package it, drive to UPS AND WAIT 3-4 MONTHS!!:angry: Mine has been fine for 2 years...I'm in no hurry to send it back.
Exactly. I’d rather just send it back and get refunded and get a Warn. Guy at Quadratec talked me into the Stealth away from Warn and now this.

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
What sucks is trying to call and email Quadratec to get this done to no avail! I’m uninstalling it this week to prepare to send it back, but would appreciate better communication with/from them.

Sponsored

Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD 06 Corvette. 16 FLTRU
Occupation
Lighthouse Keeper, Retired Electrical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I received my letter this weekend. I had sent them a note a few weeks ago that my wireless remote had quit working and the sent me a new one. It did not work either. That is when they told me about the recall.
The winch has worked perfectly except for wireless remote every time I have used it.

Biohazardshrimp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I received my letter this weekend. I had sent them a note a few weeks ago that my wireless remote had quit working and the sent me a new one. It did not work either. That is when they told me about the recall.
The winch has worked perfectly except for wireless remote every time I have used it.
Exact same thing happened to me. I bought mine from the original owner though. Still brand new and never used. Customer service told me about the recall but then said since I am not the original buyer the warranty does not transfer to me. What does the warranty have to do with a safety recall? I have e-mailed them multiple times over the last few weeks with no response. Horrible service

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Exact same thing happened to me. I bought mine from the original owner though. Still brand new and never used. Customer service told me about the recall but then said since I am not the original buyer the warranty does not transfer to me. What does the warranty have to do with a safety recall? I have e-mailed them multiple times over the last few weeks with no response. Horrible service
I would recommend contacting the original owner and asking him to follow the directions per Quadratec's letter. It clearly states the following:

"If you have sold the winch or the vehicle with the winch, please forward this notice to the new owner and contact Quadratec at [email protected] with the new owner's address."

Good luck.

Biohazardshrimp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I would recommend contacting the original owner and asking him to follow the directions per Quadratec's letter. It clearly states the following:

"If you have sold the winch or the vehicle with the winch, please forward this notice to the new owner and contact Quadratec at [email protected] with the new owner's address."

Good luck.
Yes the problem is I’ve gotten the recall letter from the original owner and I have contacted them twice now and nobody responds.